mod limit???

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

just wandering where you have stopped yourself at when it comes to moding your bit?

my white skylines gotsingle nimh cell, lowered suspension, johnny lightning wheelset( firestones), rear balsasungaurd,tinted windows, tatts, number plate, a chrome air intake and the most original mod ,the arial on the car is where it should be on the drivers side at the front ( coiled the wire under the bonnet so only a portion sticks out). i’ll put a pic on soon

GT-ahh
      Participant

ive got a dual battery skyline with a 2.2 and tint.ive trued the real axle and am working on arev limiterand a line locker.by the time im finished with it there wont be much chassis left……

z-beam
      Participant

forgot to mention the 2.6:smiley14:

please inlighten us bit heads how did you true the real axle and what is arev limiterand a line locker.

GT-ahh
      Participant

ki chaged it up thenheld down forwards and lightly pressed a knife edge against the wheelsto make em perfectly rounded and flat. its not really recomended cause if you slip you can stuff you axle, and your tyres wont really fit..

a rev limited in this case basically limits the revs of the motor so it will limit the top speed. so you could runa motor 2.2 motoras a 1.0….

a line locker stops the fron wheels from moving so you can do phat burnouts on the spot. the term “line locker” comes from locking the front brak lines in real cars….

Admin
      Participant

oh the beauty of a line lock solenoid:smiley4:

wish i could work out that one on my bit

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah i was going to put a solenoid so it pushes against the ground at the front, but the core would probably interfere with the steering magnet.

Admin
      Participant

I was thinking of fitting a small 5 odd ohm trimpot so i can limit the motor speed, so with a 2.6 – 3.0 it should be good. But proportional speed would be the best. I was working on a proportional control a while ago, using a full size tx, but ive scrapped it untill i can find out all the different components in all frequencies, so i can make a multi band proportional control.

z-beam
      Participant

thanks.never been into anything vehicle related before gt A-spec on ps2

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 24October2002

a line locker stops the fron wheels from moving so you can do phat burnouts on the spot. the term “line locker” comes from locking the front brak lines in real cars….

Why bother? Put sticky tyres in front, hard ones (or even *none*) on the back and it’ll do donuts on hardwood without even trying. Heck, I couldn’t even drive in a straight line!!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 24October2002

yeah i was going to put a solenoid so it pushes against the ground at the front, but the core would probably interfere with the steering magnet.

Haha, no need. “Nature” has done it for you anyway… the other day I found a little pebble stuck on the chassis nook behind a my front wheel. Steer it one side and it caught the tyre, jamming it up. Does the same thing, no?

(Heck, dunno about you folk but when I do burnouts in 1:1 the steering is always fully cocked either side…!)

Admin
      Participant

For a mod im doing the crappy tuning coil is in the way…im gonna mount it on flying leads…it probably wont work but hey

Admin
      Participant

For a mod im doing the crappy tuning coil is in the way…im gonna mount it on flying leads…it probably wont work but hey. I also thought about replacing the capacitor with a tantalum one, but the electro cap is quite compact considering it’s 100uF, so i’ll leave it.

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah, im working on the line locker so i can press a button to turn it on/off, so i dont have to pick it up and jam pebbles in the wheels. and i havent done the speed control yet cause i cant find a pot small enough at my house. i guess ill have to cough up 40c and buy one…

z-beam
      Participant

J? flying leads?

Admin
      Participant

WOW!You can realy do alot with these cars!Ive only had mine 2 days and i was wondering what size nimh or nicad to put in my g-04 skyline gtr r34 to give it my first mod!And also could i possibly have the model number or sum sort of an idea so i know what im looking for!!??Cheers Big Ears….

Admin
      Participant

PS i have a 3.0 motor if that counts at all???

Admin
      Participant

everyone has a 3.0 motor, there dodgy as.

z-beam
      Participant

serial number? dont think so…. forget dick smith, unless you want to pull apart a $50 car for two of them

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.