monster overland compatability questions…

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical monster overland compatability questions…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

has anyone got both? im wondering if the shocks and shock springs are compatible with the monster and overland, and if any of the other parts are useable?

the shocks look like they are the same size but unless they are next to each other its hard to tell…

anyone got any ideas?

mini-g
      Participant

looking in the mini-z book and the shocks and springs are the same for both buddy.

Keymaster

You keen on trying the iWaver Oil shocks ? *grins*

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

What Other iWaver 03 Gear is available…

Keymaster

There’s no iWaver 03 gear… and the rumor (if you belive what they talk about in MRCC) is that there won’t be an 03 that’s like an Overland.

I would expect things like shocks, shock mounts, some steering gear guys and so on to exchange.

Bearing sets don’t!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Chassis, servo gears, servo pin, servo saver, R/C Unit, Chassis King-pin, shocks and shock springs only

Don”t think about make the overlander to monster, buy a new monster is cheaper.

Buy if you really want to make your overlander into a Monster, I can show you the parts you need.wink.gif

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 02 June 2005 21:27:18

TallduDe
      Participant

with the iwaver shocks are they a set of 4 or 2?

btw is it worth it to put alloy on an overlander? are some alloy parts interchangeable with monster alloy parts?

dgs73
      Participant

Z Beam; in addition to Ken’s list, the 5.8mm and 4.8mm ball joints from Monster will fit

Keymaster

iWaver Oil shocks are sold in sets of 4.

I would think most OL’s won’t be bashed as hard as the monsters are with their big wheels which is why the Monsters tend to _need_ alloy.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

ill be definatly be giving the i-waver oil shocks a go then!

this is really good news! so the cambered alloy nuckles arnt interchangable then?

dgs73
      Participant

i’m pretty sure the monster knuckles have a longer axel, due to the wider rims. Cant remember thogh, been a while since i had one. Anyone care to confirm this for me?

z-beam
      Participant

no one mentioned that the monster shocks use the larger ball size! ok so i need two sets of larger balls joints (5.8mm)to fit the monster shocks… is this right?! or does the monster use a different size to the two used on overlands?

go on ken, give us the list of parts to convert an overland so it can use the monster tyres!

dgs73
      Participant

I have’ne gone in to check that on the OL yet, but after modding the Monster all that time ago I do know you need 2 x 5.8mm joints and 12 x 4.8mm joints to do the whole Monster… i’d say the OL will be the same. BUT… I did get my Monster ages ago, at a time where Monster oil shocks were not yet available, so put OL oil shocks on it. From that experience I know you need 4.8s for the shock area. Sorry about the long winded reply. Hope this helps dude…

Keymaster

It looks like the iWaver Alliy suspension mounts for Monsters have three height settings for the shocks like the Kyosho parts 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

any word on OL alloy from Iwaver as yet? I think Pete might well be on the market for a front shock stay…wink.gifsmile.gif

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Aaron wrote:

iWaver Oil shocks are sold in sets of 4.

I would think most OL”s won”t be bashed as hard as the monsters are with their big wheels which is why the Monsters tend to _need_ alloy.

A.

hahahahaha!!! You have’nt seen the paces Pete and I put ours through!!! I think the falls ours have taken is greater than anything I put the Monster through! Pete’s already broken a damper stay, and as you know I did my middle gear (fyi, the titanium one is heaps quieter and smoother.)… and both of us could do with internal aerials…

peteWah
      Participant

Its the rear End of mine that is getting most of the damage…
      (not the front Dave, Get it right)

My motor mount where the ball joints connect for the 2 control arms and my rear shock stay for the short wheel base has cracked/split where you screw the suspension on…
      ATM > quick fixed and its holding…

Im using the H2 ATM, No complaints as yet…Its an animal.

Keymaster

There won’t be iWaver alloy (which btw ain’t that cheap…) for the OL but what stauff can be swapped witht he Monster there’s a good chance 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

unfortunantly the Monster and OL damper stays are not interchangeable… the OL body clips onto the chassis, while the Monster body clips into special holes on the Monster damper stays. They might be too high to fit under an OL shell

z-beam
      Participant

so dgs, to attach monster shocks you didnt use 5.8mm? oh damn, i ordered some to fit the iwaver ones… maybe you could check for me Aaron, what size balls fit into the i waver oil shocks?

dgs73
      Participant

Iwaver shocks may be different… but yes; i used 4.8 to attach the Monster shocks.

z-beam
      Participant

im hoping i-waver 04 have used 5.8mm all over then… there is no way the oil shocks connect properly with kyosho 4.8mm balls.

gawd dammit!

dgs73
      Participant

that is a bugger. Hope things work out for you…

Keymaster

I’ll do some checking for you Josh 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Aaron,

Can you add SS King Pins and Suspension Pins for the bottom Arms that shorten/lengthen the wheel base.
      THANKS….

dgs73
      Participant

i’ll jump on that too if i may…

Keymaster

*noted*

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

thanks… forgot about the spring set too. Will sms you tonight with the correct item # for all three…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.