Monster questions !!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Hey all,

I have a few questions for you…

Is eitherthe Iwaver 04 or the Firelap4.0 more compatable with KyoshoMZM parts

and upgradesquestion.gif

Are the electronics in the monstersthemselvesany betterthen the older 01”s and the

02 carsquestion.gif (ie: do they still twitchand get heaps of interference)

I”m not concernedabout the TX at allas I will use either oneof myKyosho KT-5”s

or my Ko Propo Mars EX-1 that has a Kyosho Mini-z module in it…. (it”s cool having a

Hopped up Kyosho MR02 with true ABS braking and throtte control !!!xp1700.gif)

Anyway thats all I can think of fornow and your info / help is much appreciated……

L8R.

Edited by – rcs2die4 on 18 August 2005 01:24:51

pimpsmurf
      Participant

The Firelap 4.0 body works with the iwaver/kyosho/gpm alloy damper mounts.

The RX board on either does not have brake. It is TX controlled breaking. You would have to use the Firelap TX to get brakes (kyosho TX with firelap RX would go straight into reverse I think)

The steering on the kyosho is a little nicer. People have said the kyosho plastic is a little better too, but if you are upgrading to alloy, it’s less of a concern.

-JNY

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks for the reply !!

I assume you meant the IW 04 TX gives you brakes an not the FireLap TX !!!

The no brake thing is cool asafterI have hopped the rest of the truck up will more

then likely buy a true kyosho board for it anyway…. With my mars EX-1 TXI can simulate

ABS braking anywaywhich is howI have setup my MR01.I do this by turning the end point for

reverse down to a point where it only just reverses, thenIsetupthe ABS function so it pulses

the reverse in little quick blerts which make the car slow down without goinginto reverse

andalso so it doesn’t lock thewheels upeither… I alsoassign the ABSto a button so I can

turn it off incaseI need togo backwards !!!! smile.gif

pimpsmurf
      Participant

Both TXs have anti-skid brake functions, but neither RXs do.

-JNY

rcs2die4
      Participant

Ok cool, I didn’t now that !!! I thought it was only the IW 04 TX that had it…

peteWah
      Participant

Can you put up a pic of your Pro-Z Pocket Knife ver. 5 Team Car in Blue Carbon… PLEASE :p

betty.k
      Participant

hang on a minute psmurf.

the firelap tx’s DO NOT have an abs feature.

the new iwII tx’s and the new iw 02/04 tx’s DO have an abs feature.

BUT i think it’s useless, it makes the car pulse reverese once then it just coasts in neutral. maybe i got a dud but the iw ‘abs brake’ is nothing to get excited about in my opinion8ball.gif

rcs2die4
      Participant

I didn’t think itdid !!!! butthats cool….

Hey PeteWah here’s thespecs of my Pro-Z

* It’s a Pro-ZV5 Team car in Blue carbon fiber with nerf barsand front bumper.

* PN Racing motor mount.

* PN Speedy practice modified motor with 8t pinion.

* Adjustable ball Diff.

*Full ball bearings.

* 0deg camber, 2deg toe-in,3deg Castor.

* Long rear diamond bar with center shock.

* Rear side shocks (only fits with PN motor mount).

* 750mAh AAA’s.

* Iwaver 02 main board with MR01 servo setup.

And heres some links to some pix.. As you can seeI’ve removed the servo case

at the moment asI was using an iwaver one but dont like it so im looking for a true

Kyosho one… I decided to remove it cause if I don’t, I’ll never get around to it !!! approve.gif

Also the pix arn’t that good as my camera is on it’s way out !!! I think the kids got to it !!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/RCS2DIE4/My%20Pro-Z/Front.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/RCS2DIE4/My%20Pro-Z/Top.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/RCS2DIE4/My%20Pro-Z/Bottom.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/RCS2DIE4/My%20Pro-Z/Rear.jpg

peteWah
      Participant

That is a cool looking Beast but i have a Question

Q, Why are you running the servo motor without the 01 servo box and such :huh: other than you not having a real kyosho box…

And where are you in OZ because i have 2 spare servo boxes of which i can part with 1…

Pm me if interested… Now back to the topic…

Cheers. :smiley2:

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.