More Mini-Z Action

Home Forums General Chat More Mini-Z Action

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      mini-g
      Participant

There seems to be more traffic through the site latly, :smiley16:
      seems mini-z’s are picking up again! hope so as these are still one of my fav cars to run. there are a lot of visitors and if a few more joined up there could be even more info, news, tracks etc.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

nah, bring back the Bits 😉

mini-g
      Participant

lol dgs still has most of his bit’s, even some stuff for sale.
      had a run on the new Z track yesterday! very nice and in a week or two it will be even bigger and better. will keep posts up to date as much as possible as racing will be on in sydney soon. watch this space!

mini-g
      Participant

also hope to have some video action up very soon of racing.

betty.k
      Participant

hell yeah, get us some pics at least!;) :8ball:

mini-g
      Participant

yep betty, will get some up asap.

peteWah
      Participant

Today maybe… Yes today im not lying…

peteWah
      Participant

Dont turn me into a lyer now mini g, i cant wait…..

Now i say…

mini-g
      Participant

ok here is the link, will get something clearer up soon.
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=oyojV8zFBSc

peteWah
      Participant

Upload it to the site silly, Bugger youtube mate…

peteWah
      Participant

Yeah, thats not to clear mate.

betty.k
      Participant

cool, looks like my kinda racing!:D :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

cool guys looks very nice!

peteWah
      Participant

@peteWah 225468 wrote:

Yeah, thats not to clear mate.

For me on this lapo anyways, will take a better look when im on the beast machine :beer: :gatlin:

peteWah
      Participant

Thats better, I now have bandwidth… Yay

rcs2die4
      Participant

bring on sydney racing !!!!

kevsta
      Participant

Looking good guys, noticed that you’ve widen up the track which is great. 🙂

ph2t
      Participant

Are all of you using metal pinions or something? Those z’s sound loud! lol..

rcs2die4
      Participant

I use a metal 14t pinion on my MR01 and its as quiet as a mouse !! but yeah the ones in that vid do sound loud !!

dgs73
      Participant

yea, we got some pretty noisy cars but they do the job… Kev; making the track wider was necessary; even now with over 4 cars it gets pretty crowded! The track is alot bigger now, with views to making it larger again! Space is surely going to be an issue again…

TallduDe
      Participant

wow! Dave good to see you on the boards man!

what you been up to? what are the syd boys up to?

im in darwin hence the long time no speak part, although i do own a mini z overland now!

z-beam
      Participant

good to see you lads are still at it. and dgs back on the boards! awesome 🙂

ive vowed to get all my z’s working again, maybenext time im down this way i can hook up for some beers and racing

dgs73
      Participant

z-beam; hey hey, long time no hear… mate thats a go… anytime you’re able, we’ll be ready!! Kev; you out there mate? You should join in the fun too, just like old times!! lol

dgs73
      Participant

rcs2die4; where abouts in Sydney are you mate? We all break up from work pretty soon, and we’ve got some itchy z-trigger fingers. The track is up pretty much 24/7 in my holiday period, so all are welcome. Sydney Mini Z will NEVER die:approve:

TallduDe
      Participant

cool ill bring the o/l soon enuff man.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Hey DGS..

I live in a little place called Wallerawang !!! it’s about 10-15min passed Lithgow towards Bathurst !!

Me and my buddy (Mark) up here both have very itchy z-trigger fingers !!

My last two houses had awesome garages with smooth as floors, so racing was almost a daily thing
      with permanent tracks !! but the garage at My new house has a real crappy floor and Mark has no garage
      so no racing for some time :thumbs_down:

We’ve even taken to 1:18th’s (HPI/XRAY) just so we can have a run out the front on the road !!!

But yeah, if you guys aren’t to far away we’ll both be there for sure !!!

I’m also doing (in the next few days) an install and testing for Aaron of the new SP8M4 FET’s into an
      MR02 so this would also be a perfect time to test them out !!!

So yeah PM me some details when you get a chance and I’m sure we’ll be there !! Between the two
      of us we’ll bring 2 modded MR01’s, 1 modded MR02, 2 modded AWD’s and I think I still have a
      Monster (Iwaver) some where too !!

Also, Thanks a bunch for the invite !!! 😀

Your right !! Sydney Mini Z will NEVER die :worship:

Renton
      Participant

I have a warehouse in which you could lay out a reasonable sized track (if you have that much track)
      I dont open on weekends and would love to lay down a track for the day and get some racing happening. Could even clear the top racks for a nice spot to sit 🙂

rcs2die4
      Participant

Whats the surface on the floor of your warehouse like ???

If it’s like smooth garage floor then a quick simple track is to just draw it on with chalk !! this is what I did for some time till we ended up gaff taping down massive amounts of garden hose to out line it !!

But yeah, for a one day track, chalk on a smooth floor is sweet !! also simple to make quick changers !!!

Renton
      Participant

its polished concrete, worn, but not to bad.

yeah ive marked it out with chalk, its ok but i much prefer having a barrier of some sort. you learn about cornering better

rcs2die4
      Participant

Yeah having barriers is also safer, keeps you in your lane and helps to minimize head ons !! but thats cool it’s only $6 bux for a cheap ass hose from junk shops like the warehouse and so on !!

I don’t mind spending 10 or 20 to get a few hoses and some gaff tape !! even if it is only for a day !! cheap fun if ya ask me !!

so if a few of us spend 10 or so we could have a sweet as (large) track !!!

My last track was the size of just under 4 car spacers long and 1 and a half spacers wide !! (I had a 6 car garage!!) then I moved to were I am now and went down to 2 car spacers at a friends and now we have non !!! VERY SAD !!

Anyway just food for thought

dgs73
      Participant

oh this sounds tops… any chance a couple more guys could edge their way in? Can and will chuck my track in the boot… (4x7m these days, more a tech track than speed), plus i still have all the pvc from my earlier efforts… enough pipe and joins to do something approx. 10x20m. Give me a hoy if this sounds possible… can rally the troops together

Renton
      Participant

if mats are going down we could make it larger as the entry to my warehouse has some good chunks out of it due to forklift etc.

its not a huge warehouse. i once had plenty of room in it, but ive had to make alot of new stock fit 🙁

i will get some photos up for you monday evening showing you how much room there is to play in.

im keen as mustard for some race days

rcs2die4
      Participant
      Renton wrote:
      im keen as mustard for some race days

I second that !!!:smiley16:

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve had to get used to confined spaces for running too, hence the reason my rcp-type track is so small… make for some interesting driving too, as opposed to the drunk fiasco posted of us racing earlier in this thread… lols, beer and Zs mix only up till your 6th beer, then give one or the other a miss for a while, or deal with the result… we are quite capable drivers off the suds. Sometimes. Race days tend for us to occur at my house, due to the close proximity of the pool and fridge (beer, anyone?). We live in the Ryde area, anyway, that being me, Pete, J and Chris (inactive members atm), plus Big Dave (Mini G), plus Kev and Talldude make a showing now and then. Regular racing still does nothing for the finger itch, believe me!!

kevsta
      Participant

@dgs73 226570 wrote:

z-beam; hey hey, long time no hear… mate thats a go… anytime you’re able, we’ll be ready!! Kev; you out there mate? You should join in the fun too, just like old times!! lol

Hey Dave… Good to see you back on the web. 😀

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.