more painting questiond

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

ello again 🙂

well i’ve had my char-g finished as far as painting goes for quite some time now, but the paint is starting to chip a lil here and there, so before i add my LEDs (which will be mounted obviously on the body) i was wondering if anyone could tell me what’s good to get as like a finishing coat for it, to protect the paint?

thanks

Admin
      Participant

Get yourself a can of sray varnish – These come in either matt, gloss or satin finishes. Gloss gives stronger protection, but it does give a shiny finish. Instead of one thick coat, apply several light coats of varnish – waiting for the first one to be completely dry first. Remember to mask out any areas you don’t want to be varnished such as windows.

Martin – Bit Char-G UK

Admin
      Participant

I might also suggest using Testors “Glosscote” spray. I’ve used that on more than a few painted body shells and had very good luck with it. Just make sure you apply more than one coat to it.

Admin
      Participant

try useing a epoxy paint or a eng. enamle there a lil heavyer but they dont chip easy. i use eng. enamle. theres alot of colors. and theres no need for a top coat to protect it. try goin to a auto store and looking for eng. enamle brake calaper paint or epoxy paint.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.