More templestowe track action…….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Betty and I managed to get down to the Templestowe track yesterday.

Had a fair bit of fun. It was such a nice day we thought it would be busy down at the track but alas no! Was all ready, just waiting for us!

Here’s some shots of the pits, lol…

dsc09058.jpg
      dsc09062.jpg

Betty and I raced our mini-z’s for the day. I gave my mini cooper some track time. Up until now it was a noob Z where it only got to run inside on the floorboards, pffft, bugger that…… Time to open her up. Lol, and open up she did. Leaving betty’s McLaren for dead in the straights, lol…..

That’s not much of a accomplishment since it was runing my own wound 26 turn motor vs. the 35 turn PN S04 that bet bet was runinng….

Still it was bloody funny to see a Mini Coop take out an McLaren, lol….

I also got some time to give the 40Mhz FM conversion a good beating…. I recently made a quick install lipo pack for it. It’s so easy to switch between 4 cell nimh and this lipo pack since the dimensions for it are a perfect fit for the battery trays, without any mods to the trays needed….

It went fast but I personally did feel it was AS fast as previous lipo powered mr-02’s I’ve built. Now back at home I pulled the PN Saber motor apart and found that the brushes were close to death and the commutator has started that “inverted hump” in the surface, ruining it’s performance even more…. 😕

dsc09067.jpg

Time to buy more motors….. 😮

Here’s some video of the days hijinks…..

http://www.woahnelly.com/stuff/mr02/hd_temp.avi

It’s in wide screen format, high quality DivX format. Not small at 30MB but who gives a shit these days….. lol… If you can’t view it get the free codec here. http://www.divx.com

Enjoy!

ph2t.

kevsta
      Participant

Great video Ph2t !

Your driving skills are superb.

ph2t
      Participant

I’m shit mate. Betty is better…..

And the bloke running the Corally chassis pwned all of us! lol…

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah your right ph2t! :smiley15: just kidding

those cars are quick.

and the 1/10th dude well if you compare scale speeds your quicker.:beer:

betty.k
      Participant

we make a good team, he makes the cars go faster, i make em stay on line:topstuff: :8ball:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.