mosfet mod for the ZZ monster truck!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

These trucks are nuts! a rare 1/64 purchase for me these days.

Here’s what I’m doing currenty. It’s by no means finished, but hell they are fun!

Looking at the top of the pcb, I removed the following. The red are the D9D driver trannies, the yellow are the S1A trannies. All four are removed.

On the underside I also removed the S2A pnp trannies…

Here’s what i then do to the top portion of the PCB.

1) Remove all 4 marked trannies.
      2) Solder two irlml2502 mosfets in place of the original S1A’s, pin for pin mapping.
      3) Run a wire from the Base pad to the Gate pad for each direction.
      4) Run a wire from the Gate pad of each new mosfet to the bottom side of the PCB. They will be jumpered to the “flipped” mosfets on the other side. Still working on the pics for that.

I soldered the two fly leads to the flipped nchan’s on the other side of the pcb, bridged the blue wires, she runs! yeah!

I get 4.87V for the fwd mosfet drive, that’s great! Rev is less though, 4.66V. Might explain why (when stock) rev is a little less punchy than fwd. This excellent fact of a high voltage drive (>4V) means a lot when it comes to turning on mosfets, trying hard not to bar up over this, lol…..

video soon! the monster truck will be going under some LiPOsuction first, :smiley2:…..

ph2t.

Participant

nicccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

to anyone who hasnt got a monster get one! no two!

they are really worth it. and if ph2T can make em go mach speed (scale of cource) they can be hellar cool.

btw try to get some music for this vid of urs LOL. :p

Participant

zz monsters ROCK HARD!!!!!!!!!:p:8ball:

Participant

Nice work Ph2t.

Participant

so who else owns one of these things?

Participant

Nice work as always ph2t. I have been jumping mine (stock) of my coffee table (2ft high) on to the carpet. It rolls and lands on its wheels 70% of the time:)

Participant

Great job on the tutorial ph2t, Just got done with mine and using the 21,000-RPM motor it will pull a wheelie off the start.

Participant

so you got it working without any problems dude? great to hear!

spread the knowledge I say!

ph2t.

Participant

I think I am going to make a mini monster truck track layout. I have already made a micro 1/64 scale sled just have to modify the zz truck for the hook-up
      here is a link to the sled picture http://www.rcmod.com/cmalbum/thumbnails.php?album=101

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.