Motor Building Contest at R7R

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sg219
      Participant

I know this might be a bit much on shipping, but I wanted to put it up for you guys down under so you know you were invited too!!

R7R Motor Building Contest

There s some great prizes!!

First place is the only place!!

merc-blue
      Participant

sounds good. pity i we all know exactly what will win.. any one with PD with worn in brushes re wound wirh lower turns and BBs and for sprint test just put in neos

kitsune
      Participant

That leaves skill in winding selection of wire diamater and number of turns (and possibly parallel winding), balancing the armature, selecting parts, breaking in technique and a couple of other factors I’m sure I’ve forgotten about as the only deciding factors, If I was entering I’d consider other areas where I can get performance gains such a possibly hand crafting brushes from 1:10 motors, placing them to advance/retard timing and so on … IMHO a clever “scam” to get a free motor, but the pay off for the winner for the cost of a motor and postage is pretty sweet, an independent (hopefully) review endorsing your product, bragging rights, a nelly, and a line on customers desperate to get the fastest motor + turbo combo out there from ph2t and yourself … as for the other entrants, they wind up down on some time and the postage costs (BTW if it hasn’t been suggested how about doing a group mail out to reduce costs? It might make the idea more paletable) on the up side they have an idea of how their skills compare and they may be able to improve their motor crafting skills with that feed back, and if someone comes up with a revolutionary change (IE a non PD that will perform better) then everyone may benefit.

so if you feel that’s a worthwhile trade off it’s a scam with no losers 🙂 (If you don’t dont enter 🙂

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      sounds good. pity i we all know exactly what will win.. any one with PD with worn in brushes re wound wirh lower turns and BBs and for sprint test just put in neos

maybe, maybe not. i like the idea of a “put ya money where ya mouth is” comp. it should silence some of the bigtalkers at the very least!:smiley2::8ball:

mocky
      Participant

if a decent aramtures and bbcans weren’t so damn expensive and hard to get i would be in. i’d like to see wat ppl would be able to turn out, hoepfully not another nml merchant.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Wow, i am so in, when the hell is the comp ending??

Would be fantastic for research…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Oh, sg, if i send an 11t pinion with a motor, do i atlest get the PINION back?? These are unavailable in asutralia and are freaking hard to get…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.