motor question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

wats with the capacitors on the motors?
      and which side is negative and positive? ( which wires)

GT-ahh
      Participant

the capacitors are say 103 (from memory) which is 1 0 000 pF which is 10 nF (nano farads)..the capacitors are ceramic and are non polarised so there is no + and –

L337_krew
      Participant

why do we need the capacitors on the motor?

ph2t
      Participant

To filter from noise generated by the motor. The RF receivers in these cars are very sensitive.

ph2t.

L337_krew
      Participant

wats the fastest motor for mini z? coz theres alot of motors on the market and it makes x speed look slow…like Mini Modified Motor <— dat name sounds good …so wats the fastest and can i buy it in australia?

VR-4
      Participant

well theres machine wound and handwound. you can tunr a x speed into a missle if you know how to wind motors. i uses a pn ballbering can and brushes and neo magnets and made a 7 turn hex i had to do a 2X12 stack but i beat 1/10 scale nitro cars with my mini.

the abaluse fastest motors you can buy for a mini z is made in cali. and its a 8turn quad outta the box and its perfectly ballanced. and it was made for drag racing. but the down side is its a $80 usd motor

heres some things you gotta look at. do you have a turbo or fets. if you dont have any the lowest turn motor you can go is 47 so a x speed is the fastest. with a turbo i wouldent go lower than a 38 turn. with 2X6 you could do 30 turn safely and with 2X12 you can run just about anything.

nml has a supersonice handwound for around $56 usd its kinda fast but you need atleast 2X6 fets for it. and its $56 usd

if you dont wanna spend a bunch of money heres some motors that are fast. the tamiya mini 4wd motors are a good choice for cheep but fast motors just replace the brushes in them.

the stock esc in a mini z can handle up to the hyperdash with a turbo you can handle the ultra dash and with a 2X6 you can handle the plasma dash it has about 29,000 rpm’s on the good motors but there are duds like the x speed. and has alot of low end power and if you put neo magnets in it all your gonna do it roast the tires. the ultra dash motors and the outhere at around $4-5 uds and the plasma dash is $9 usd.

i have all the tamiya moters and tested them all and for the most bang for your buck you cant beat them.

but as for the fastest motors in a mini z so far that i know of its mine the 7 turn hex. its the only motor that is that low in turns that hasent flung apart inside the case why it was on. i would make more and sell them on ebay but it takes me about 8 hours to wind 1 and my hands cramp up to bad.

but if you wanna make a handwound i can give ya some pointers and tell you how to and what to use,

also i cant stress this enought BRAKE IN YOUR MOTORS!!!! just dip them in water and run 2 AAA batts to the motor untill the water tuns cloudy then just either blow dry it or dip it in alch. to dtu it and put a few com drops on it and oil the berings.

but the lower the turns the faster the moter the higher the winds the faster the motor so a 20 turn single wont be faster than a 25 turn hex it will be faster off the line but in the long run the 25 hex will beat it.

but remember all the motors i use are custom made 130 for use on 1/18th scale cars so there made ta power heaver things.

but my 7 hex with 18c flat tires or high grip foams cant be nailed off the line you gotta go 20
      % then 50% the 00% throtle to keep it from spinning out.

if you plan on racing dont go lower than a 36 turn if you just wanna go straght then by all means get some wire and handwind your own beast its cheeper faster and its like droping a blowen 514 in a omni

but make shure you have everything you need to adj. your suspension i highly recament a o plate i got all the specs on the 1 i use and what springs on the sd and front.

but just remember with my 7 turn i put my 4 into a wall at 1/2 speed and boke just about all my front end and bent the rest so alu. or plastic at that fast with 1 of these cars it dosent mater when you biff you biff hard.

im selling a 17 turn dubble anodized blue can blue wire on the motor com was just cutso its like new

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.