Motors

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

ok heres some motor info for all you races with no money or very little of it.

we all the know 50turn x speed is a little turd and at $27 us its not a cheep turd. i tryed the megatech 21 turn payed $19 for it and i was pleazed with the motor lb for lb and most bang for your buck you cant beat it.

i put it in my viper “my modena body got trashed 🙁 ” and took it to the test track my kitchen floor. i used derlin rims with soft foam tires and let it rip. i locked the stock diff to give it the posi traction and first test with new batt’s it layed a lil 3 inch patch and took off like a bat outta hell “my hand wound wont do that”

after the test i took it to the track and raced. becouse of the poser it and the burn out some cars passed me off the line but 1 sec later i shot ahead of them and comeing out of the tunrs nothing could touch me.

after the race i still had the craveing for more power so i got my dremal and my micro dtill bit and drill 1 tiny hole in each brush then packed it with cotton and soaked the cotton with com drops ” cheating in most races” i saw that the motor power increased by as much as 30-50% i got alot of wow and holey sh@#

final thoughts,

i thought for only $19 the motor was gonna be slow but i was so wrong. i havent tryed to race it agenst my nml hand wound sonic pattern but from what i seen i think it can give that $60 motor a good fight.

tips the can is purple so i striped the purple off the can added a x speed lable and talk abunch of sh#@ to the guys with hand wounds.

i like the high pitch squeel that the motor can make some tires make. only mod i did to the modor was installing dry berings i had a few left over from my cars and it seems to help a little.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah ive been thinking of using alternative motors. But i need a turbo and im not sure what the turbos are rated at. That comm trick really works???

VR-4
      Participant

my turbo is a custom made turbo for drag racing its like haveing 2X14 stacked fets most of the mod motors are high 30 turn i was saprised i found a 21 turn

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I want my car to be easily made stock so i wanted a bolt on turbo.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.