Motors and weight

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

ello ello

well im kinda new, just got my Char-g (it was originally a white skyline) and ive just painted it and put some decals on it, i still have to put varnish on it

problem is, it seems a slight bit slower now, most likely due to the weight of the paint, and varnish will make it weigh a lil more again

i was originally thinking of getting a 2.6 motor, but now with the weight of the paint, maybe i should go for a 3.0 race motor? i hear they burn out alot tho?

ideas? suggestions? thanks

Admin
      Participant

Go the 2.6 – the Tomy 3.0 motors simply lack the torque to do much.

You could lighten the chassis a bit by drilling out some holes as well…

Admin
      Participant

speed holes, make the car go faster? lol 🙂

sorry couldnt resist

actually i noticed alot of reinforcing plastic on the inside (where its a big lump for no reason) so i might just shave that out

dont like the idea of putting holes in my purdy skyline body tho lol

thanks

–edit–

just had another look

there’s two big strips of plastic i can shave out, not very much, but enough (even the smallestchange can do a bit in performance i guess)

anyway i suppose weight doesnt matter too much since im getting 2 150MAh batteries eventually.. i could pull a lead block lol (well not quite, but it’d be damn fun to watch)

now if only i had a digi camera i could show you my ‘simple yet effective’ paint job 🙂

eep.. i do have a habit to go out on tangents, off i go

Admin
      Participant

or you could get a 3.8 i just got mine and i run it with a bodykitted NSX (which is pretty heavy) its actually quite fast

Admin
      Participant

I have a 3.0…but it has little torque below 15000revs, what’s the 2.6 like, is it that much slower?

And does anybody know how a 3.8 goes…eg no torque?

z-beam
      Participant

lothar grab a hot wheelskit racer set from k mart with an orange motor for 25$. the shells come in handy for bodywork and one of them (silver) has number plate stickers.

ultramarines and tyranids are my thing. the salamander badge icon and space wolf simbol are some good ideas .

z-beam
      Participant

how much fragin paint did u use lothar!? I have a set of scales for gemstones so i know how muchmy skylineweighs exactly, 23.8grams .when i bought it it’s weight was 22.0gms. with the yellow 2.2 motor that came whith your bit i dont think your lack of speed has anything to do with paint, thats unless your an ork,”red makes ya go fasta” or “whoopsi drowned it”.

What sort of batteries did u use first go?

Admin
      Participant

i dont think it came with the 2.2 engine

cos it was kinda slow when i got it, i dunno, i checked out what colour the engines should be and well this is none of em i think lol, its yellow so yeh i dunno

z-beam
      Participant

the yellow engine is a 2.2. i know cos i have a 1.0 to compare it to. poor buggers in japan! a 2.2 goes about 2.2 times faster than a 1.0, and most other bits (import) come with them as standaRd. jnh toys new ozzies wouldn’t have liked going granny pace in their S2000s and Skylines.

what type of batteries do u use?

PandaBear
      Participant

Weight shouldn’t affect top speed… have stuck a 10c piece to my bonnet before and it didn’t make it go much slower. Acceleration a little down, cornering is the most affected (lots more) but that’s about it.

You didn’t leave your TX switch ‘on’ for long time whilst you were painting, did you? That’s enough to drain the batteries. The difference between using half-strength AAs and fresh ones is marked!! Change the AAs and try again.

z-beam
      Participant

panda, did u put the coin on top or under the shell?

PandaBear
      Participant

I just blutacked it to the bonnet :smiley1:, don’t bother trying it – made no improvement at all.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.