Motors don t fit

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

I just got my Fairlady Z car about 2 days ago and I also recieved a 3.8 clone motor from my friend who had 2. I decided to pu the 3.8 into the Fairlady by the thing is the motor barely fits into the motor compartment and when it does fit, the gear on the motor(six tooth) is stuck so it dosen t turn at all. How else, can I make the 3.8 usable in this car?

NSR34
      Participant

im having the same problem with 2 of my new cars, these clone motors are wikkid but the pinion and idler gear are meshed to tightly and it slows it right down, does anyone know if putting 2 micro screws in the bottom for motor positioning works ? i seen it as a mod on the QFM site, havent tried it yet coz i thought the heat sink would bend or even break the rear tab.

leonli17
      Participant

sometimes u have to make sure that the way u put in the motor. It effects the gears mesh.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Take the gear off the motor and replace it with a different one. Sometimes the clone motors come with one that is to big to mesh with the transfer gear well. Take the one off the motor that came with the car.

Impreza
      Participant

VooDoo is right. Try taking off the pinon that came with the motor, pbly white?, and replace it with a smaller pinon if you have one. Tomy’s black pinon will do. Have fun with your fairlady you lucky #$#@:(

How can you tell I am jealous:)

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Impreza you looking for the fairlady?

Where in Canada are you? casue I order from Toy east and bithed so if you need the shell let me know.

Impreza
      Participant

West. Have the shell. Actually have the red microsizer shell. I just wanted the 57 mhz booster:( I did splurge on a 49 mhz booster while I was down in the States, so I guess there is no real need now. But I am still jealous;)

VooDooMafia
      Participant

hehe inderstand dude I am like that to even though you can make the same car its not the same lol

NSR34
      Participant

ive got the black tomy pinion on it as always but it does fit and when it does it sounds and goes terrible, i compared the clone motor to my 3.8 bcg motor and it aint wider but longer, by like .000001 of a millimetre its sucks, im just gonna ditch the motor.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Thats strange casue I have never had a problem getting a clone motor into a bit or zz

titaniumonkey
      Participant

well, Imprexa, you can buy the fairlady Z at http://www.micro-motive.com I did indeed try to change the gear on the motor with a tomy one but no luck. The 2.2 it came with also had a meshing problem(tomy) but when I put in another 2.2 clone motor into it, not only is it so fast in unboosted that it will flip wjen turning but I also get about 15 min run-time after a double charge…
      Anyways, the point is voodoo’s advice did not work. Anymore bright ideas?

betty.k
      Participant

i’m having the same problems too, but using a tomy motor (2.6) in a clone chassis. the tomy motor came with a white 7 tooth pinion which meshed too tightly, so i used the 6 tooth pinion that was originally in that bit. but it’s still just a bit too tight. i suspect a little chassis modding would be the only solution:8ball: http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.