motors! new plasma dash replacement found for $10

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion motors! new plasma dash replacement found for $10

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

http://www.tamiya.com/english/dangun/parts/parts.htm

some of these would make nice additions to my mini-z s. wasnt the plasma dash a tamiya 4wd product? all of these look new.

i know a plasma isnt any good unless you have upgraded fets but could any of these out-perform an x-speed without needing a fet replacement?

hows this… the “touch dash motor”:It s really a safety motor. The motor starts by pushing the car lightly and stops when the car hits an obstacle. In case Dangun Racer flies out of circuit, the motor stops upon bumping into floor or wall. i wonder how the hell it does that… not much use in a z tho…

Edited by – z-beam on 14 November 2004 21:16:31

Edited by – z-beam on 30 November 2004 23:45:40

betty.k
      Participant

the torque tuned is a good motor compared with the x speed and i’ve run one in an i waver with stock fets. only drawback is the cheap and nasty copper brushes but that’s easy fixed:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

it said the “sprint dash” comes with carbon brushes…

did you get one in australia betty?

bithed
      Participant

torque tuned is good with ‘stock’ Z brushes…gets better with a bb can and carbon brushes…ALL OF WHICH I STOCK OUT THE WAZOO 🙂
      My monster runs a bb can torque with no power adjustments needed at all…anything HIGHER than a TORQUE and you need some help of some sort…I LOVE TAMIYA 😀

betty.k
      Participant

all the tamiya motors i’ve got either came from rcmart or bithead. i’d buy them from bithead and get them included in the next shipment to aus:8ball:

bithed
      Participant

…thanks betty…i have squat bb cans; the BEST…and lots of ‘stock’ z motor parts to keep things simple 🙂

…this is one i did up, a TORQUE TUNED, as a freebie for a client in Belgium 🙂

DSC05255.jpg

bithed
      Participant

…needless to say my soldering has improved :blush:

z-beam
      Participant

im after a slower motor with a little more power than a stock-z motor… any ideas guys… its for my new camaro project.

one of those bb’d and carbon brushed torque tuned motors sound like some good produce, what’re they worth from you bithed.

bithed
      Participant

…TORQUE i do for 8 usd shipped…SQUAT bb can and carbon brush set is 15 USD…that may sound expensive but i KNOW you know i dont deal in badly made crap 🙂 TOTAL 23 USD shipped to your door with TAMIYA freebie stickers and yet ANOTHER pack of gum to keep that old cold turkey out of your hair 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

is $23 USD price for the motor assembled?
      i wouldnt know what to do with those parts!

bithed
      Participant

correction…19.90 USD ASSEMBLED and SHIPPED 🙂 I forgot to reduce the second item by 3 USD 🙂 Yeah i can put that together for you ZBEAM…

bithed
      Participant

…some more samples to wet your whistle on…

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05052.jpg

bithed
      Participant

…and i do TAMIYA motor cases, holds 8 motors in little compartments, clear plastic lidded box, stamped with the TAMIYA and DANGUN RACER logos for 7 USD SHIPPED or 5 USD shipped if its your second item 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

bithed, your the man!

some details on the properties of the above four would be great, as in what abilities they have (your observations not the advertising blurb)?

bithed
      Participant

…Zbeam im probably not the best one to ask RE: the ‘properties’ of each…There is a load of info on this site and other places about the place…actually do a simple search for plasma dash and Ausmicro comes up more than once 🙂

Right now my limit is the bb can torque…it works HELL good in the monster with torque and a high top end to match…better than an xspeed hands down…Then again someone else might not like that…

The plasma is the devils work…hot and spicy and willl melt down a naiive esc faster than I will try to sell you something 🙂

…There is an OPINION in Z circes here in Japan that the Atomic Tuned is BETTER than the Plasma Dash because it is closer to the ‘stock’ motor in design..Again some members in here will refute that and might tell you something different, expesially with the amount of mixing and matching going on with magnets and bb cans etc…

…Rev Tuned you will need a turbo for sure…Puts your esc speed and it thinks its making instant noodles instantly…Caution required for sure…

…The Mach Dash im not sure about..Bit of an unknown for me right now…

…of course ALL of these motors will be able to be used on and off no worries with Nelly ™ in your belly 🙂 oohh…That has a nice ring to it 🙂

…Final Answer? For the average Z guy i think you would be good with a torque tuned, an atomic and a plasma in your pit box…Some magnets, a couple of bb cans and some savaged ‘stock’ motors, caps and wires, and you are good to go…

…to make matters worse i use phat wires, forget the gauge now, and SQUAT capacitors cause they lok nice 🙂 They are square and flouro blue 🙂

…Right now i am pretty thin on any info of the other motor makers, NML, Atomic, PN etc…

…do a search in here and see what you come up with…

…start with this one 🙂

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=818&FORUM_ID=13&CAT_ID=4&Forum_Title=Mini%2DZ%2C+Mini%2DX%2C+X%2DMods+%2D+Technical&Topic_Title=Cheep+yet+nice+motors

z-beam
      Participant

will the atomic tuned melt my stock z?

thanx for all that info man, it brought me up to speed on the motor options for the z…

bithed
      Participant

..Z…An Atomic probably WILL melt you down…Its time for Some of the Tech-heads to help you out 🙂

…Below is some info stolen from somewhere on who is who in the zoo 🙂
      If any of these numbers are wrong or should be adjusted please let me know and i will change them or you can adjust them in your own post…Pobody’s nerfect ok?

Name
      RPM
      Torque
      Comment
      Power Consumed
      RPM with Load

TORQUE TUNED MOTOR
      13,600 RPM
      14.5 g-cm.
      Good for uphills and curves. Tech motor
      1200 mA
      12000 RPM

REV TUNED MOTOR
      17,600 RPM
      10 g-cm.
      Good top speed for tech straights. Tech motor 1500 mA
      14300 RPM

ATOMIC TUNED MOTOR
      15,700 RPM
      10 g-cm.
      Best for super technical courses.
      1300 mA
      15700 RPM

PLASMA DASH MOTOR
      29,000 RPM
      20 g-cm.
      Raw power for speed tracks.
      4100 mA
      25000 RPM

MACH DASH MOTOR
      23,400 RPM
      15 g-cm.
      Faster than a Hyper dash. Speed Motor
      1900 mA
      20,800 RPM

ULTRA DASH MOTOR
      29,000 RPM
      20 g-cm.
      Good climbing motor. Speed with uphills
      4000 mA
      24,000 RPM

JET DASH MOTOR
      28,000 RPM
      22 g-cm.
      High top speed with high torque. Speed motor
      4000 mA
      23,000 RPM

Edited by – bithed on 16 November 2004 01:13:00

dgs73
      Participant

well, that just got printed… lol thanks for that info Bithed! Very handy:smiley2:

leonli17
      Participant

bithed, for the Jet Dash, i think the RPM and RPM under load should be swap around.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Bithed that info is completely useless for mini Z people…

remember that mini4wd’s run 2 cells, mini Z’s run 4 cells, the current draws are gonna be much higher than listed.

bithed
      Participant

…which is why i say take it all with a pinch of salt…but it gives people an idea Jamie…Its like a Paint Chart for morors you know..its just a guide…Completely useless? I dont think so…

kevsta
      Participant

Those jet dash motors go for ridiculously high prices on ebay. Saw one go for about $20-30 USD several weeks ago.

Is it because they are out of production or something ?

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Bithed that info is completely useless for mini Z people…

remember that mini4wd’s run 2 cells, mini Z’s run 4 cells, the current draws are gonna be much higher than listed.

useful for people who want an idea of rpm etc. before they go out and buy…

bithed
      Participant

…Dave is right…the above numbers dont realistically translete to use in the Z but the info itself just gives the AVERAGE user a better of what is what and what it does…Anything over a TORQUE TUNED needs a turbo and as far as i know Nelly covers ALL of them and more!! By no strech of the imagine is the above list a PURE document…it IS the list of the information of each motor provided by TAMIYA…Thats all…

…The prices of these motors is always funky and ebay isnt a great measure-mark because you might have some guy in France who wants one no matter what and the price will go up…another day, and this happened to me last week, the same motor can go for half what the pervious auction did..Jet Dash’s ARE a little harder to get than other motors, especially after TAMIYA changed their names of the motors for the RC 4WD sets…Actually BANDAI has released a SIMILAR toy to the Mini 4WD…looks quite good…but thats another thread…

z-beam
      Participant

http://www.leoshop.com.tw/image/toy/bandai/crushgear/04138.jpg

i picked up a hi-dash upgrade set today for $6 au. came with a 29,000 rpm motor (21 g-cm)

there is also a hi-spin motor rated at 33,200 rpm but only 17g-cm.

this is a really good source of plasma-dash goodness!!! now whos going to install a nelly for me???

$10 useually

z-beam
      Participant

this is the bandai version by the way bithed.

the standard crush gear sets are only 15,000 rpm.

some have a 15,300 rpm rated motor.

Edited by – z-beam on 30 November 2004 19:39:31

leonli17
      Participant

Great find zbeam, i’ll check the shops asap

z-beam
      Participant

the hi-spin motor has a warning:

continuous use for 5 minutes the motor will become so hot it has a danger of burning you and melting the plastic body of the crush gear…

imagine this thing in a z. these motors are designed for use with only 2 aa’s.

i think i just found the new speed king!

i think i should grab a few of these whenever i see them…

Edited by – z-beam on 01 December 2004 00:57:09

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      …Dave is right…the above numbers dont realistically translete to use in the Z but the info itself just gives the AVERAGE user a better of what is what and what it does…Anything over a TORQUE TUNED needs a turbo and as far as i know Nelly covers ALL of them and more!! By no strech of the imagine is the above list a PURE document…it IS the list of the information of each motor provided by TAMIYA…Thats all…

…The prices of these motors is always funky and ebay isnt a great measure-mark because you might have some guy in France who wants one no matter what and the price will go up…another day, and this happened to me last week, the same motor can go for half what the pervious auction did..Jet Dash’s ARE a little harder to get than other motors, especially after TAMIYA changed their names of the motors for the RC 4WD sets…Actually BANDAI has released a SIMILAR toy to the Mini 4WD…looks quite good…but thats another thread…

Hmmm what i said came out a tad harsh, what i am saying is that the RPM figures go up by a good 60% as do the other figures…..

leonli17
      Participant

So zbeam, these motors available in Aus right? wherever they sell crushgear, they’ll sell them correct?

z-beam
      Participant

the weapon otion parts seem to be far more numerous and common than the motors but almost every stockist of the crushgears should have them or would have had them…

knowing aussie toy distibuters a box of option parts would contain one or two of the motor packs, toyworld or toys r us are your best bet…

ph2t
      Participant

bring these motors to the meet on the 12th man. we’ll test ’em out!

ph2t.

z-beam
      Participant

i sent them to jamie kulhanek today to be fitted with the neccissary parts to be able to run on a z.

are you going to have a go at the speed records ph2t? i’ll get one sent to you if you are….

in the meantime if i find another one do you want me to pick it up for you?

z-beam
      Participant

by the way you should receive them by monday jamie…

Z-Nagual
      Participant

Hey I’ve tried both those motors some time ago. but i can’t remember the results. I think it was before I got a nelly and if i recall correctly i had rewound them with devastating results to my pcb. All I know is I abandoned the idea. I’m using a plasma armature in an atomic case with ball bearings and neo’s and it’s brutal:evil:.But Has anyone tried a brushless motor? What about a larger motor? What size motor can nelly 1.3 handle? where’s the “big block” mini-z…. the blown v8 musclecar mini-z? huh.

Charlie Brown
      Participant

related…

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=A05001349

It must be some glitch… 99 cents for one of those babies???

ph2t
      Participant

@charlie, it ain’t a glitch. The motor is crap. It doesn’t have brushes, just copper wipers that ware out in a second. TE prolly a surge of orders for it and now it’s barely moving (cause it’s crap). hence the price drop.

@z-beam
      , score me one of them motors mate, I’ll hook you up with the $$ at the melb meet next Sunday.

@z-nagual
      , nelly can handle all 130 sized motors mate. Dunno about bigger sizes though, never tested. As for the “big block”, sounds like you’ve got it already :D. The atomic bb can + plasma armature is the best you can get. Swap out the neo magnets for the original ferrite(black) magnets that come with the plasma and you’ll see a HUGE increase in speed. Acceleration will drop off, but not as much as you would think.:D

Z-Nagual
      Participant

ok:approve:

z-beam
      Participant

i grabbed a hi-dash one for you ph2t…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.