Motors slowing down?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Trueno
      Participant

Ihad only had my2 speed GTR for 1-2 months before it started slowing down. I originally thought it might be the batteries in the controller but new ones made no difference. When I replaced the motor for a brand new 2.2 it was as fast as it was when I got it. Recenlty my 2.6 GTR has been slowing down also but I haven’t got a replacement motor for it yet. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Admin
      Participant

I run a 3.0, and besides the dodgy reverse, it hasnt slowed down a bit.

I dunno, i dont have a 2.6 as yet. I heard they are good tho.

PandaBear
      Participant

Could be the BCG battery. Those tiny things are only rated (at best) at the factory for 500 cycles; the way RC uses them you’re lucky to get 100-200 charges. If you can think back how many times you’ve already charged it, I’d say 2 mths is probably good ‘active’ lifespan anyway.

Swap in a new cell…

Trueno
      Participant

I originally thought the same but when the new motor was put in the car went just as quick as when it was new.

PandaBear
      Participant

Hmm… maybe Bit motors get dirty inside too; big RC motors should be cleaned every run. Even the hi-po Mini4WD motors give off quite a bit of brush dust.

Not sure even how long Bit motors should last…

Admin
      Participant

Bits dont have carbon brushes, so no dust

But once one is pulled apart they never seem to run as well.

PandaBear
      Participant

Mmmm! Brushless?

Haven’t dissected one yet, no available victims. Anyone got any ‘innards’ pix?

Admin
      Participant

does anyone know why my car doesn’t turn left aswell as it turns right

Trueno
      Participant

I’m guessing the car turns sharper one direction than the other. The turning problem has to do with the magnet located at the front of the car. You need to pull apart the front of the car to fix it. The magnet is likely to have come unstuck and shifted a little to one side. If you centre the magnet (making sure not to change it’s orientation) and put a drop of glue on it to hold it in place the problem should be fixed. A couple of the sites have step by step photos on how to do this. Good luck!

Admin
      Participant

Yes i have pictures of the ‘innards of a 2.2’ will post them when i find the pc link cable for my digital camera.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.