MR-01 PN Alloy Motor Mount

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      N-Hawk
      Participant

Owners of the above motor mount: Does it hang any lower to the ground than the stock low-mounted motor mount? Some pictures appear that it might be of the same design.

I know that most after-market mounts hang lower than the stock version, but I want to find one that doesn t without having to mod or go to a high-mount config.

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

leonli17
      Participant

man, this is the best motor mount avaliable for MiniZ. it is lower to the ground then stock. it does have adjestable gear mesh which is the best since u can now use any pinion size u want with perfect mesh. My advise, get it.

N-Hawk
      Participant

I am familiar with the adjustable model and agree that it is probably one of the best out there. But I need one that does not hang lower than the stock low-mount for my application.

The one I’m wondering about now it this one:

http://nhawksys.com/pics/PN.jpg

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

ph2t
      Participant

It sits at the same hight as the stock motor mount. I’m pretty sure. Betty.k has one.

ph2t.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      I am familiar with the adjustable model and agree that it is probably one of the best out there. But I need one that does not hang lower than the stock low-mount for my application.

The one I’m wondering about now it this one:

http://nhawksys.com/pics/PN.jpg

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

The one in your pic looks identical to the TopCad alloy motor mount.

N-Hawk
      Participant

Thanks guys. I have another one that looks like this one that I think is a “Topcad” or “Top” brand, but it hangs 2mm lower than the stock mount at its lowest point so it won’t work for my application. I’ll buy the “PN Racing” one since you think it will match the stock’s height.

N-Hawk

N-Hawk
      Participant

Change #47: I guess I won’t be continuing much with my mid-motor project after all. My only LHS just went under and I was counting on them to start supporting 1/28 this winter and to build a track… I sold off my #2 stock IW today and will probably do the same with #1 when I finish building what I already have for it. With no local support or tracks, PC gaming may have to again become my time-consuming hobby… :8ball:

N-Hawk

Jay-Z
      Participant

hey guys, i`m in need of an MR01 metal motor mount.. where is the PN motor mount available and how much should i expect to pay??

N-Hawk
      Participant

Don’t know who’s got them on your side of the fishing hole, but up here you can get them from rcKenon dot com for $17.US(alloy) and $30.US(modified) plus shipping.

Jay-Z
      Participant

thanx N-hawk, broke my plastic motor clip so this should be the way to go! i`ll ask around with the sydney/meadowbank guys and see what i can come up with. ps,what is done to the modified motor mount, and where`s your side of the fishing hole?

dgs73
      Participant

we’ll come up with something Jay… gotta get one myself (same colour as you too i’ll wager) so we could get yet another group buy going…:smiley2:

Jay-Z
      Participant

hey dgs, long time no post.. (for me anyhow!)when do you reckon the next group buy would happen? finally got kevsta`s GT3 kind of back together, was going to run it but looks strange with narrow tyres. might have to look into some wide plastic ones..

dgs73
      Participant

not long… lots of people askin bout things again… does the GT3 have wide rear setup? Odd. Tell you what too, it was cold at Springwood today… but at least no rain. I’m off in 10, see you later on yeah:question:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      thanx N-hawk, broke my plastic motor clip so this should be the way to go! i`ll ask around with the sydney/meadowbank guys and see what i can come up with. ps,what is done to the modified motor mount, and where`s your side of the fishing hole?

I know the feeling, I broke mine the yesterday as well, simply trying to take it off and the clip just snapped :evil:.

Fortunately, I had a spare one of those metal clips that fit on the standard motor mount :).

Another group buy would be good – but who with ? bithed ?

Edited by – kevsta on 09 September 2004 15:58:20

Jay-Z
      Participant

the GT3 shell looks fine on the dummy chassis that focca`s red Z8 came on, wheels right to the gaurds. just that when i swapped the nose clip & put the GT3 shell on my 01 chassis, the wheels were way in. looked like a big fat chick with skinny legs

dgs73
      Participant

hottie… off for the day. See you later on

Jay-Z
      Participant

kevsta, speak of the devil!! does your GT3 shell take wide wheels? ..and where did you come across a metal motor clip that fits a stock plastic mount? ps, blew up my damned peugeot (real car)but hope to get down to meadowbank sometime soon; anyone sorted a track for down there??

Keymaster

I’ve got a metal clip on motor heatsink that fits the plastic mounts DGS73 saw it on my Porker when I was in Sydney…

They’re about $15 or landed from a few places….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      kevsta, speak of the devil!! does your GT3 shell take wide wheels? ..and where did you come across a metal motor clip that fits a stock plastic mount? ps, blew up my damned peugeot (real car)but hope to get down to meadowbank sometime soon; anyone sorted a track for down there??

Jay-Z, my GT3 Z shell takes WIDE wheels, but they must be 0 offset…

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:

That GT3 body came with my ready set which was narrow wheels alround. However, the later tourer type porsches eg. taisan come with wide rears. You could dremel the inside of the wheel arches I guess if you really want to run wide rears with it.

You’re going to bring back some bad memories of it being run over by the bike.

That metal motor mount clip is available from most mini-z online retailers.

How did you blow up your peugeot ? Who were you racing with this time ? 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

I think the term GT3 has some confused… the standard Porsche has zero offset narrows all round, while the GT3 (white w/ grey & black) and the other race spec have wide rear, as Jamie sez. The shell you have Josh needs narrows

ph2t
      Participant

damn dgs, you’re a wealth of info when it comes to the wheelbase stuff, I know fuck all about that…..

Jay-Z
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

That GT3 body came with my ready set which was narrow wheels alround. However, the later tourer type porsches eg. taisan come with wide rears. You could dremel the inside of the wheel arches I guess if you really want to run wide rears with it.

You’re going to bring back some bad memories of it being run over by the bike.

That metal motor mount clip is available from most mini-z online retailers.

How did you blow up your peugeot ? Who were you racing with this time ? 🙂

Jay-Z
      Participant

DGS, i need a few tips on posting a reply with attached quote!! -kevsta, i think my peugeot blew up cos of a combo… bad luck, 8000 rpm & a tantrum!! i`m looking at between $5000-$9000 for a rebuild. looks like i`ll be driving around in a mini Z for a while…

dgs73
      Participant

dude… on the right of your posts time and date listing, is four (or five, depending) different options; show profile, email sender, reply with quote, and private message link. The little box with the purple arrow is the one you want. Cick that, then when your text box pops up, it’ll have whatever you wanted to quote. Dont delete anything, just click the curser next to the last line, hit enter, then you’re set. If i’ve missed any steps anyone, feel free to tell me.

Jay-Z
      Participant

cheers DGS, i`ll look up some stuff i need to quote & give it go.. & yeah, is there ever a need to put spacers behind the metal motor mount clip (that goes on the stock plastic mount)i bought the other day? cant figure how i`d adjust it for spacing requirements when using 10 tooth+ pinion gears??

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      cheers DGS, i`ll look up some stuff i need to quote & give it go.. & yeah, is there ever a need to put spacers behind the metal motor mount clip (that goes on the stock plastic mount)i bought the other day? cant figure how i`d adjust it for spacing requirements when using 10 tooth+ pinion gears??

If your using the stock motor mount with metal clip than I think the largest pinion you can go is with the 9 tooth – although I think dgs and talldude have managed to slip in a 10 tooth in there !?. You will need the motor spacers between motor mount and motor, but non between the motor and metal motor clip. The clip is a tight fit.

For the full alloy motor mount, the largest I can fit in there is the 14 tooth pinion with near perfect meshing.

Sorry to hear about your peugeot. So you going to fix it, or get another car ?

Jay-Z
      Participant

thanks kevsta, i`ve gone back to a 9 tooth anyhow- too many meshing issues with anything bigger than that!! (& that`s what caused my plastic motor clip to snap in the first place) i`m keen on looking into a complete alloy motor mount but this topcad alloy clip is getting me by at the mo!!

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      I think the term GT3 has some confused… the standard Porsche has zero offset narrows all round, while the GT3 (white w/ grey & black) and the other race spec have wide rear, as Jamie sez. The shell you have Josh needs narrows

Porsche Carrera is the car GT3 is the model…:smiley2:
      “Confused, “Not me:smiley2:

Quote:
      damn dgs, you’re a wealth of info when it comes to the wheelbase stuff, I know **** all about that…..

Because he lives and dreams the bloody things alldaylong…
      Z Obsessed With a hint of purple:question:

dgs73
      Participant

someone call me?:)

Jay-Z
      Participant

..well that red car kevsta used to have (the pushbike incedent) is a porsche carrera GT3.. looks real nice with wide rear`s, had to re-shape the front wheel arch`s tho..

dgs73
      Participant

because zero offset are needed up front dude…blackeye:

Jay-Z
      Participant

yeah, tries zero ofset on the front but it kinda looked dicky still.. it`s all good now, thanx to some body work! the GT3 shell with my chassis was still sloppy, should be hooking up with some roll shocks tomorrow & i`ve gone back to the rex shell & wheels so i`ll see if i still have issues!! (miniZ issues that is, lol!)

dgs73
      Participant

spammer!!! (double post…) Bugger looks. Thats your downfall. Dont let looks get in the way of performance. If it works, who cares what it looks like? My gtr is proof of that.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.