mr-02 concrete racing! yeaaaaah boi!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This is our ‘track’.

Gotta love garden hose, it has soooo many uses…..

Our Z”s are groomed for concrete racing, since we”re not up for paying $500+ to ship in some PCP(!) tracks. It”s also quite easy to setup, less than 5 minutes and we”re done!

These mr-02”s are pretty hopped up. The main thing is the tyres. I”m running 30deg kyosho radials up front and gandini racing foams on the rear. Betty”s F1 is running the same foams on the rear and kyosho 30 deg slicks up front (I think). I had atomic 10 deg slicks up front but the understeer was soo much it wasn”t funny, lol…. I”ve learnt that for concrete racing tyre selection”s a pretty important thing. You CAN get away with hard rubber tyres on the rear (eg: 50deg iwaver wides) BUT they”re pretty much only good for low powered, stock cars. Otherwise they just break traction too much. Hence why we use foam tyres on the rear, bloody great traction!

So, here”s a video of these two mr-02”s in action. It”s not small at 11MB, but it”s worth it.

http://www.woahnelly.com/stuff/mr02/bettystrack/concrete_racing.wmv

Enjoy,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 23 October 2005 14:00:35

Participant

NICE!!!. Can’t wait to join u guys again after exams. Only 3 more weeks!

Participant

1:28 racing on concrete? meh, been there done that big.gif

great vid, you sure know how to set up a quick backyard track.

RCP tracks were way out of our price cat. too, check out what we’ve done for 1/10th the price of RCP!!! btw, ph2t; RCP = 1/28 scale racetrack, PCP = mind bending and illegal drugs.xp1700.gif

Participant

looks like the ‘literal avenger’ strikes again!approve.gif

if i was tobuy an rcpcp track that’s the size i’d want it. can you imagine how much that would cost! even the locally bought mats would cost a bit to cover that area.

and i don’t think i’m a good enough driver to be able to make it around a tight technical track so it’s gotta be big! ideally i’d like to see a true 1:28 scale track, something that takes more thana minute to get a lap in. now that would be interestingxp1700.gif8ball.gif

Participant

hahahaha… as for the track, same reason we gave up on rcp is cost… shipping is the biggie. ugh. And bring on the 1 min. lap times… we can but dream… for the moment…

Participant

“literal avenger” Now that’s funny…

I like betty would like a more open flowing track for said faster Z’s to let fly…

I am on the other hand happy with what we have and it will make us better driver’s in the long run and when we have
      e-nuff mats i guess we will double up on its size and lane width but all in all Happy :p

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.