MR-02 Rear Suspension help

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      TallduDe
      Participant

hey guys.

As a few of you guys would know i bought a Mr-02RM and i have put on a hard carbon h-plate for it and a better spring for the friction shock.

but i feel this might not be enuff to enable better handling.

So as i was searching the net i found the following suspension options.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_72_473&products_id=7980

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_72_473&products_id=6319

the second one is the tradition roll shock set up but the second is a disc set up. which one is the better option?

the disc option looks cool but they are expensive any ideas on which is the better set up or even better does anyone have any expeirence with either set up.

cheers

TallduDe
      Participant

any help at all?

mocky
      Participant

i mite be wrong but from the way i think that disk shock doesnt look like it provides much dampening on the sides wen ur turning. but thats just my perspective.

TallduDe
      Participant

i dont know either but appearently jap and hk racers use em?

so they must be good for something?

thats why im asking now :question:

mocky
      Participant

i’ll go look at mini-zracer.com for ya. i noe that have their worth somewhere, but going with roll shocks are a safe way to go but i’ll look into it for u

dgs73
      Participant

the disk set up looks cheap but if it works…

kevsta
      Participant

Hmm, read somewhere where it’s suppose to properly dampen the springs rebound properly not like roll shocks where you’re relying on the grease on the pins to do the dampening for you.

I notice that when these first came out, they were quite pricey, but now they’re getting more affordable. When you add up roll shock set + rear damper spring, for one of these disc dampers, I think you’d be paying the same amount of money dude.

dgs73
      Participant

i’ll no doubt go with Kyosho product, but would’nt mind getting some feedback from someone who’s used both

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      i’ll no doubt go with Kyosho product, but would’nt mind getting some feedback from someone who’s used both

The kyosho disc damper is now available. Go on TD you know you want it.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_72_473&products_id=9660

TallduDe
      Participant

yes yes i do, will be getting that next week just did two days of 11hrs shifts so i got money again.

ps mocky if u want to tack an order on with me dude.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.