?? MR-02 tire and wheel sizes

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My MR-02 wheels and tires are getting trashed. So I m looking for some nice new ones.

Are all MR-02 tires the same size?
      And what about wheels – can I put Skyline wheels on my NSX?

I m confused. :dead:

Participant

seems the mr-02 chassis has zero offset fronts, but wide rears, like the mr-01 wide racers… ie NSX, etc. Front would work in this case, but the rear will sit narrower than the front. I think pics would help more myself…

Participant
      Participant
      Participant
      Quote:
      My MR-02 wheels and tires are getting trashed. So I’m looking for some nice new ones.

I’m confused. :dead:

What surface you are going to play?
      MR-01 and MR-02 are using same size of tire, if you play on carpet, 8 degree is fine; if you play on outdoor, the tire will finish quick.

If you like to know the wheel size (wheel base), you better check with the Kyosho web-site; it has all detail.

Participant
      Quote:
      My MR-02 wheels and tires are getting trashed. So I’m looking for some nice new ones.

I’m confused. :dead:

What surface you are going to play?
      MR-01 and MR-02 are using same size of tire, if you play on carpet, 8 degree is fine; if you play on outdoor, the tire will finish quick.

If you like to know the wheel size (wheel base), you better check with the Kyosho web-site; it has all detail.

Participant

The tires ought to be the easier part. The Skyline and NSX MR-02’s likely both use Normal (8.5) front and Semi-Wide(10) or Wide(11) rear tires.

The wheels may be a bit more particular if appearance and clearance is a concern. All MR-02’s do not have the same width and/or offset specs. I believe the Skyline has a wheel offset of 1.0 front and rear while the NSX’s are different (maybe either 2.5/0.0 or 0.0/0.0). Although these are not personally confirmed, based on research to date, this appears to be the case. Using a different offset Normal(8.5) wheel than stock cause the wheel to “stick out” more or less than stock. The same applies to the rear.

For proper wheel fit to your body, it may be worth it to write the supplier for width and offset specs on the wheel/set you are interested in. I, too, have extra wheels sitting around that don’t really “fit” the application I got them for.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.