MR01 Motor Heatsink/Clip

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

To all the modders out there that can shed some light.

My frieind and I bought a MR01 each and after a few weeks of hooning around, my friend has snapped his motor clip. So we jumped online and bought 1 each a motor sink/clip to replace the his broken one (1 spare for me).

Guess what? It doesnt fit. I have emailed ausmicro twice over a week period regarding the items purchased and still no reply. :angry:

Is there anywhere else where I can get this item? Looked on ebay, but there’s nothing to be found. 🙁

TallduDe
      Participant

where is the rear mount broken if there is no tab there then nothing will stay on.

if you give more details or perhaps take a photo we could share more light on the subject.

btw Aaron is a busy guy he works a full time job got a family and such this site is his hobby im sure he’ll back to ya as soon as he can.

kevsta
      Participant

The alloy motor clips will fit on the stock plastic motor mount – up to a 8 or 9 tooth pinion gear (I can’t remember which one).

Try adjusting the motor spacers and use some folded up paper on the back of the motor to push the motor heat clip/sink out.

It’s quite hard to find MR01/MR02 gear these days on ebay…

betty.k
      Participant

in the meantime, use a ziptie;) :8ball

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the replies.

It’s the clip on one side of the motor clip that’s broken, so there’s enough play for the gears to slip. We just thought this aluminium motor heat sink clip would be the ultimate replacement for this feeble part.

I will try to take a pic over the weekend to show U guys. Oh, and the part we bought is actually too small. My friend try to bend it to make it fit, but it snapped so yeah, he aint too happy. But we used an elastic band tonight it works a treat!

Also (off topic) found out that the car kept stopping and slowing down like there’s no reception. One of the battries must of had a short as it got really hot! We thought the receiver died. Phew!

Hope Aaron see this post cause I don’t want him to keep selling that part if it’s not doing it’s job! He doesnt want to cause more headaches.

ph2t
      Participant
      kevsta wrote:
      It’s quite hard to find MR01/MR02 gear these days on ebay…

Mate, you obviously haven’t seen Hobby Japan!

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Hobby-Japan_Kyosho-R-C_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ13QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I strongly reccomend them. They have a LOT of Kyosho only Mini-z parts (did you know there’s 60deg tyres?? lol…), across mr01, mr02, mr-015 and ma-010.

Cheap(ish) & fast shipping straight from Japan too!

They’ve eaten through my wallet a few times….:)

@SIMid, don’t worry. Aaron will get back to you I’m sure. He’s a very trustworthy bloke.

cheers,

ph2t.

kevsta
      Participant

Thanks for that link. I’ve just placed an order with them. I’m buying a heap of kyosho parts for the firelap 2.0 :topstuff:

ph2t
      Participant

Excellent! You won’t be dissapointed mate! Hobby Japan (after Aaron 🙂 ) rules!!!!

TallduDe
      Participant

hey kev is your firelap 2.0 the ones with the carbon fibre chasis the ones at towerhobbies like this 1

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMLN7**&P=7

or is it a clone of the mr-02??

kinda interested in the carbon one.

sorry for thread highjacking.

but i had a good reason for doing so and its also useful info………kinda

Ogier
      Participant

Hey talldude,

that iWaver on Tower Hobbies is the new iWaver 02M – there’s a bit of info around on the net about it, but it’s not yet released. As per Tower Hobbies, it’s currently due in November. When I first saw it early this year, it was due in May – it keeps getting pushed back.

I have heard that there’s a couple of testers/samples in specific hands at the moment, but no official release date – they easiest way to spot the differerence between this new future beast and any current or past models is the FM radio.

Cheers, Graham.

TallduDe
      Participant

sweet thanks for the info man.

btw are there any reviews out for it yet? i remember seeing the vid on towerhobbies like last year. i hope this push back usiness means they are trying to fix quailty issues with it so they dont turn out to be like old iwavers of the past.

and SIMiD have you taken pics of your mini z yet?

kevsta
      Participant
      TallduDe wrote:
      hey kev is your firelap 2.0 the ones with the carbon fibre chasis the ones at towerhobbies like this 1

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMLN7**&P=7

or is it a clone of the mr-02??

kinda interested in the carbon one.

sorry for thread highjacking.

but i had a good reason for doing so and its also useful info………kinda

My firelap 2.0 is the mr02 clone that I bought from the shop. I think Aaron has those carbon fibre ones coming into the shop as well…

TallduDe
      Participant

found out from toyeast that these cars the m iwavers i mean wont be out for a few months yet.

damnit

jimmy
      Participant
      kevsta
      Participant

If you’ve broken just your motor clip, then this is the part:

http://shop.ausmicro.net/product_info.php?cPath=21_27_59&products_id=29

jimmy
      Participant

simid says it wont fit

kevsta
      Participant

They work for 6t,7t,8t pinion gears which is what you will run if you have a stock motor. For 6t/7t pinion gears, fold up a small piece of paper a slot it between the clip and the motor. You will still need your other motor spacers on the axle side of the motor mount.

I have two of them and they worked for me with no issues otherwise save up a little more and get an alloy motor mount because the stock clips will break again.

jimmy
      Participant

ok might get one

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.