mr01 or mr02?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

i’m faily new to mini z, and have decided after seeing what these things can do that i have to have one. I was going to buy one off ebay. is there anywhere better? my biggest question was mr01 or mr02? from what i understand mr02 is the newer model, but i’ve noticed a bit of a price difference. im aiming for power and drift from my mini z. i dont really know of any tracks around my parts (thomastown) so i’m not too fussed about handelling and all that. is either one of these better suited? also will rm or mm make a difference? thanks for your help guys.

betty.k
      Participant

g’day klims!

i personally think the mr02 with a mid mount is superior in every way.
      it handles well and has a servo saver which will save you lots of money in servo gears!

there are other options too, the mr015 also has a servo saver and brake like the 02 but is shorter and narrower like the 01.

then there’s the ma010, 01 dimensions, brake, servo saver and 4wd. lotsa fun for drifting:smiley14: :8ball:

klims
      Participant

ok. are all those things worth about 70 bucks? because that is about the difference in price between the mr01 and mr02 (dont think i could afford the 4wd). when you say superior in every way, does that include electronics, or just general handling? would you know if the mr02s can handle more amp draw stock? oh and do you guys get all your stuff off ebay? thanks for the info betty.k. if you guys have some time on your hands maybe you could give a neewbi a hand. the two cars i am considering are on ebay “Ferrari 246GT MR-01 – Kyosho Mini-Z Readyset 30359R” or the “KYOSHO MINI Z RACER MCLAREN F1 READYSET ORANGE” both from international sellers. your help would be greatly appreciated!

betty.k
      Participant

well me personally i love the mclaren bod and the wheelbase/track it has, i’d get that.
      but you’ll have just as much fun with an 01 if it’s too much money for you.

the electronics are similar in quality across the range but the 01 has no brake.

ebay is a good place to buy.
      i would normally recommend rcmart but they’re not showing any kyosho parts so no readysets. just aftermarket stuff:
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php

but your best bet is the ausmicro shop:
      http://shop.ausmicro.net/index.php?osCsid=4cb0ce83a43087d403f4c148ebbada31
      the iwaver stuff is much cheaper and i’m sure aaron would be able to get what you want.:8ball:

klims
      Participant

thanks for the help betty.k. i think i might go the mclaren mr02. someone mentioned to me that they run better out of the box and require less hop ups. i cant wait! i already bought batteries! thanks for all the help guys!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.