My Bit Track Pictures

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      M_Coupe
      Participant

With the help of Derek, I now have pictures of my Bit Char-G track on this site. You can find them on in pics and vids section or go to http://www.ausmicro.com/gallery/bitcharg/index.asp.

The only major part of the track missing is my Digital Lap Counter which should be coming today (Monday 2002 August 05).

Let me know what you think.

-Dave

Admin
      Participant

cool crash pic

Admin
      Participant

looks excellent!!!

well done! how long did it take you to finish?

M_Coupe
      Participant

It took about 4 days to get to the point that I could drive the track, but it took me about twoweeks of testing and modifying to get the track to get the track to the point it’s at now.

The bits were sticking to the walls when I first completed it due to the roughness of the cut styrofoam, but by simply putting a wall of paper around the edge, it’s made the track very quick and very competitive.

I just installed the Lap counter tonight (Monday) I’ve only ran it once using it (long day at work) but the fastest lap I did was 7.11 seconds. This was using a Bit Char-G Booster car with a 3.0 motor (no other upgrades).

Admin
      Participant

Hey, nice track M_Coupe.

I’ve got the lap counter but not the track. I am making a track with my year 4 and 5 students as a class project (8ft x 4ft). Track has been marked, hay bails are in place, track curbing in place and sanded to shape, trees nearly done, track being painted, fence advertising coming. Still lots to do. I hope to have some construction pictures available when the jobs done.

It’s good to see a number of home tracks posted on the net.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Great track mate, looks like it’ll be sideways going most of the way round. Love the pic with the smoke.

Admin
      Participant

Julius

You have a team of “volunteers” engaged in your track project?! That is BRILLIANT!

Where abouts are you located? If you/the school/the kids/the parents would consent to a visit from Aaron ormyself, we could do a bit of a feature! We’d rock up with a pile of test cars for the kids to belt around the track while we take photos and ask them and yourself about their handiwork.

Just drop me an email if you think there’s some merit in the idea.

Regards

Derek

M_Coupe
      Participant

Sounds like a lot of work is going into it. Are you banking the turns or adding hills or will it be a flat course? I’d love to see how it’s coming. Maybe I’ll get closer to that level on my next course.

Admin
      Participant

i wanna do a small fold-up 🙂

Admin
      Participant

M_Coupe

It is all very experimental at this stage. Most if the ideas have come from the kids who, by the way, think its wicked and love the cars.

The track is flat with a pit lane, long straight ( about 5ft ), short straight, sweepers and chicane come s’s. There is going to be one spectator hill.

All cars run 1.0 motors as the kids coordination is not ready for faster motors.

Cheers Julius

silversupra
      Participant

I’m currently making a track (my first ever) and it’s going pretty good. It has heaps of ‘s’ curves, a huge straight, a pitlane, garage and barriers. I’ll post some pics up soon. I’m dying to try it but my car hasn’t come yet :smiley5:but as soon as it does i’ll be screaming around it!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.