Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

Check it out.
      made it myself! i’m so proud 😀

[ATTACH]293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]294[/ATTACH]

got the PCB made at uni so it cost me nothing.

used some cheapo mosfets i bought online for $0.99 each.
      they don’t have the best stats at 60mOhm for the p-chan and 30mOhm for the n-chan but i’m in the first stages of my development so i didn’t wanna fry the $6 ones i bought just yet 😉

i guess the next step would be for me to get the mosfet driver technology working so i can use it on my mr02 at maximum efficiency, but my protel skills are lacking lol. i wanna get some double sided action going!

i’m most impressed with the size. fits perfectly on the x-mods. i own a spider v2.1 for my mr02 and its a lot larger, but i know Aaron has his reasons.

tell me what you think guys! i’d love to get some feedback.

betty.k
      Participant

well done! looks great….. although who cares how it looks. it’s how she runs that counts!

you getting more power to the motor? batteries drain faster? :8ball:

klims
      Participant

yeah thats true.

shit yeah! batteries last WAYYYY longer. i’ve still got the stock motor in though. before the upgrade i was getting about 4-5 minutes of drifting till it got very laggy and stopped going hard and got difficult to drift. i’ve been playing around for about 30 min all up on 900mAh sanyos and she is still drifting beautifully!

cagefreak
      Participant

sweet!! who cares what it looks like, like you said “in first stages of development”
      can’t wait to see it in an 02

Keymaster

Very close to the way the Nelly designs work. makes mass-production a pain.

Spider v3 on the other hand….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

DAMN THATS SMALL!!!!

maybe i’ll be having to refine my design some…

klims
      Participant

so here is my V1.1

[ATTACH]304[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]305[/ATTACH]

changed the orientation on the car for a neater and shorter control wires, and the mosfets to the lower resistance/higher current ones.
      the stats are P chan = 8.2mOhm at 4.5v and N chan = 3.7mOhm at 4.5v
      they aren’t the greatest around but its definitely an improvement. i could hear the motor was faster! oh and i also did a piss poor job at trying to mount the control wires through hole so they didn’t keep breaking my tracks. what a mess i made! lol.

betty.k
      Participant

aww, don’t worry about having lotsa messy solder. it will act as a heatsink:smiley16: :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

lol, wtf is it with us Aussies. it’s bloody turbo central down under!

good work klims, home grown ftw! lol…

klims
      Participant

whats the matter ph2t? can’t handle the competition? lol.

well i am from Thomo so it was only a matter time till i bolted on a turbo. maybe i should get some canary yellow shrink wrap…

ph2t
      Participant

@klims 225371 wrote:

whats the matter ph2t? can’t handle the competition? lol.

well i am from Thomo so it was only a matter time till i bolted on a turbo. maybe i should get some canary yellow shrink wrap…

lol, figures…… haha….

we need to hookup at TFTR soon, you on holidays at the moment mate?

klims
      Participant

i guess TFTR is the templestowe track then?

Nah mate just got today off. back to work tomorrow. i was thinking of taking off from work early one day. the track is on my way home. i’d have to go in to work tomorrow though and check what the work load is like. would most likely be wednesday. maybe we can discuss this is this thread though. i think there might be a few others interested.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.