my custom modena

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/othermods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=99

just at the undercaot stage but check it out.

it was from hobby world (sydny)
      had to make the rear air funnels myself….

ph2t
      Participant

lookin pretty mad there man, what sorta putty you using ?

ph2t.

Impreza
      Participant

Do you have a b4 pic Z? Nice looking so far. Have you seen what danyprat (I think it is him if I remember right… sorry if it isn’t, up too late:( ) is doing with the modena? What did you use to do the air funnels and how long till you got it right?

Edited by – Impreza on 24 December 2003 20:18:31

z-beam
      Participant

thanx

the putty is a games workshop product called green stuff, its a two part putty that has a half hour of work time before it starts to cure. retails for around $15. it is the substance that all citadel minatures are sculpted in before they are cast into pewter molds.

like the echo i didn’t take any piccies b4 getting to work on them… i was to eager to mod something new!
      the shell originally had no details like the air funnels and since checking the shells out at toy east i noticed the ones on the doors, oh well. i’ll just leave them off.
      i first carefully cut the right general shape of air ducts and sanded it back with fine s-paper,
      then mixed and filled the gap with putty and then poked a hole through using a paintbrush end.
      using the smooth surface of the end of the p-brush i then pressure polished the surface while suporting the interrior of the putty with a fingure. waited until solid(next day) and then cut the excess and then sanded back.

this process was used to fill in the rear window as well.

where is danny prat at?

danyprat
      Participant

hem? danyprat ….

z-beam
      Participant

italian cars on an italian site, makes sense. thanx dannyprat see you there….

i’m going to italy!

i’ll need this!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

z-beam
      Participant

cant find any modena pics. any direction dany?

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Nice job on that new 360. You’ll have to post a more detailed process for all of us, if you have the time. I would like to learn how to do some work like that too.

z-beam
      Participant

suggest a shell! at the moment i’m too busy with current projects that i can’t think of what would look nice with air supply….. but if someone suggests something i have lyin’ around (and where it might look good)it might happen fast!

some might not like it but it’s now pearl pink.

tamiya pearl white with an overcoat of clear pink. pics v.soon

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Ok, RX-7. Don’t worry about time. I know you’re busy. Whenever you get a chance, if you have the desire.

z-beam
      Participant

i got one handy, where should the intakes go:
      in the same position? if you have any sample pics of real cars give us a link.

i wonder if the super bcg rx7 is nicer than my clone shell……. oh well ican make it better.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.