my first monster

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

Hello all, long time no speak.

I had some time this weekend (long one here in Canada) so I thought I would finally get to making a monster bug. I have had the parts since earlier in the year, but lacked the time. I have one problem thou… I need a better faster bonding glue. ne1 who knows the best for perm bonding of plastic to plastic without being brittle, please let me know and thanks in advance. I have been finishing up a few other projects as well… when I have had the time. Hopefully work will allow for me to spend more then 2-3 weekends a year next year at this:( I haven’t even bought myself a mini z yet (seems like there is alot of talk in the forums on them lately).

Impreza
      Participant

oh yeah. Will post progress and finished pics in the members gallery soon.

betty.k
      Participant

hiya prez! good to see you’re still around!:smiley2: and save your cash for an xmod!:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Have you tried 2 part epoxy???

TallduDe
      Participant

ive used 5min expoxy (same stuff as the two part expoy jamie said) on my planes everything use to break on my planes wings(first training plane btw) except the parts whihc i glued with expoxy.

i had some hard crashes so it stands up to the test.

btw welcome bak dude long time no hear. 😀

z-beam
      Participant

what rims are you using imprezza? for bcg to lego rims i’ve used testors model glue an it welded them together quite well.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks everyone. I went with some crazy glue. Looks like it should hold, if not I will have to go with the epoxy. As for the rims, I found just the ones I wanted on a cheap (pricewise) pullback. I will post in the galleries by the weekend. Should be finished most of it by then:)

Edited by – Impreza on 14 October 2004 14:11:02

rashumble7
      Participant

Hey Impreza, try that loctite gel, the blue and gray one with the sqeezable sides.Works like majic, i dont mod without it.

Impreza
      Participant

Will have to post something tomorrow.. I am happy how this one may turn out. One little thing I have to figure out and I will have everything re-assembled and ready to take some pics of the finished or almost finished monster.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

rashumble7 I find that all automotive type glues rock for RC, they tend to be much stronger than hardware shop glues for some reason, and cheaper for me 🙂

rashumble7
      Participant

I will keep that in mind pork-hunt, im always looking for more affordable means w/ similar results.What brands are we talking about here?, fill me in.

Impreza
      Participant

pics are up, sorry didn’t finish, having problem with the front end wheels fitting but my gallery has some of the progress shots, so you can get an idea of what I am up to.

Impreza
      Participant

Will add text shortly, but have to go to bed now.

Edited by – Impreza on 18 October 2004 10:48:08

betty.k
      Participant

holy mudpuppy batman!!:shock: that thing’s on steroids!!:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

$1.98 CD for the original pull-back:)

Edited by – Impreza on 19 October 2004 05:59:04

TallduDe
      Participant

nice work there impreza

does it “drive” well??

Impreza
      Participant

“drive” being the key there;). Had a bit of a time with the tyres fitting within the aloted space on the front end so I finally figured that out this weekend. Wanted to finish it today, but had family in town so workshop time was minimal. Still have 0ne issue to address with the back; as well I have made no electronic mods yet, but should have it up and running sometime later in the week if all goes well.

Impreza
      Participant

Well, able to sneak a few hours in tonight. Let me know what you think so far. Not in a drive state yet but working on it. Maybe by the weekend. Still have some glaring stability problems, along with keeping the body on the chassis. :dead:

Impreza
      Participant

Whoops! Missing a few pics, will try to get them back up.

Impreza
      Participant

Broke the back axel setup:angry: Does run and was fun, now back to the work benchblackeye:.

betty.k
      Participant

it’s all parta the job!:D:8ball:

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.