My Lancer EVO Cabrio!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Alright guys i looked at my lancer and said to myself, this is one alright looking car but it needs something else. I thought about things like a new wing or something but it didn’t amount to the idea i finally came up with to go with……make it a convertible! So i started to cut, and never really realized how fragile and weak this body is untill i did this. Almost really messed it up a couple of times but finally finished it, here’s the link for the pics: http://www.ausmicro.com/gallery/bitcharg/lancer_cabrio/index.htm

It’s still under contruction because i am re-sanding it and re-painting it because i didn’t like this paint job and after i will be adding color accents to the body for the things like headlights, taillights, side markers etc. for a more detailed appearance. So stay tuned and hope you like it so far. Dave

Admin
      Participant

Wh000hoo! Nice one, Dave. Thanks for sharing that with us. Is the rear wing going to stay/go?

BTW – do Mitsubishi *make* a Lancer Cabriolet? Certainly not sold in Australia, but based on the success of the Holden (Vauxhall/Opel) Astra Convertible ( refer this page at Holden) it could be a hit on the Aussie market one day.

Of course…. it could be just a creative expression by Dave, too 😉

Derek

Admin
      Participant

I have never seen any lancer cabriolet nor heard of it. I doubt they will ever make it but if they do, then my car is one hell of a blueprint :). Actually the only mitsubishi that is convertible is the eclipse spiders, but there is always possibility. Later, Dave

Admin
      Participant

Ok well i have just finished sanding it completely and those pics should be posted pretty soon hopefully and i will paint it most like some sort of blue tommorrow and look for some cool decals to put on it. I’m also gonna keep the rear wing and it will also stay black. I am most likely gonna paint it all blue, with black out headlights and taillights, then possibly a black hood to represent a spoon or carbon fiber hood like the racers, then i will paint the windsheild black and i will be done! I will keep you guys posted. Dave

Admin
      Participant

Dave – Just hit me with the rest of the pix when you’re ready and I’ll complete your EVO Cabrio gallery.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

At the 2000 (I think) Sydney Motor Show, Mitsu had a prototype Lancer Carbio (not an Evo…just a 2 door 1.8l). I guess they never went ahead with it..

It didn’t look all that crash-hot..the Astra convertible is much nicer IMO.

BTW nice mod!

Admin
      Participant

David – the rest of your images have now been uploaded to your image gallery. Once again – great little mod! Well done :smiley4:

Cheers

Derek

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.