My Mini Z hits 58km/h!!!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

It’s official, my mini Z reaches 58 on the speed checker!!!!!

Anyone beat this yet??

dgs73
      Participant

bet you could wait to get that post up, ya showoff!!:smiley2: LOL

ph2t
      Participant

I’d love to see some video of that Z in action man…..

ph2t.

ms char-ged
      Participant

unbelievable, you could beat a real life car, if only they were mini-z tyres for on-road use, that would be awesome, i knew they were fast, but not that fast, take that thing to autosalon, if they have an event in Tasmania, you could beat the petrol cars, how does it run under braking?

titaniumonkey
      Participant

In Canada, that’s over the speed limit. I’m afraid that I am going to have to report you to the police for speeding and driving the car without a permit.
      I’m kidding about reporting you but really, that’s over the speed limit. Does it flip overt when you turn or can you actually steer the thing?

merc-blue
      Participant

whats mods u got in that beast

Barrelll
      Participant

jamie whatever you did to your mini z do to mine and jarratts, i did give you a super bit char-g for your troubles 😉 Did you get the package and stuff alright?

merc-blue
      Participant

lol i think its worth a bit char g even a supa lol ne way im building the first bit char g worth callin supa….. it will be unveiled in a week.. or two

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      jamie whatever you did to your mini z do to mine and jarratts, i did give you a super bit char-g for your troubles 😉 Did you get the package and stuff alright?

Barrelll: Its gonna cost more than that, like around $75 just in parts…..your car goes about 13km/h now, should be good for about 20km/h, maybe 30 with an X speed.

Ph2t: I’ll borrow a camera from school and see what i can do.

For all your info, it does steer (with the aid of a dirty big spoiler), quite well, i was absolutely exstatic when i completed it and threw it on the DYNO for a speed test, 58km/h with the 9 tooth pinion, tamiya plasma dash with ball bearings, 6×2 fet stack, 5 cell pack. Next up is an 11 tooth HPI pinion…..

As for braking, im a bit worried about blowing the FETs, because the motor draws around 10A at 5-6 volts.

Racing against bigger cars?? Im sure it would be competitive on a SMOOTHE surface, but one nudge from a 1/10 car and the Mini Z would be a gonner.

Autosalon, hmmm… its been on already this year, so maybe later down the track.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

This thing is scary fast when you lie down and drive it past, just a flash of blue.

Barrell, you don’t want your car like mine, a total motor rebuild every 4-5 runs, lots of maintainence, more damage, the list of negatives goes on, but it is sweet fun.

When i can get hold of a HPI pinion, 65-70km/h will be in my sight (hopefully), i tried a 14 tooth pinion, but its too tall a gear ratio, and speed drops off to 49km/h.

The first tennis court run saw me lose 3 brand new alloy wheelnuts, and a GPM tyre (Dammit!!), losing a tyre sucks, now ive only got 3 GPM’s :sad:.

The tyres need to be glued on, because (even the hard tyres) stretch from centrifugal force, and will leave home and do the barry……

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      In Canada, that’s over the speed limit. I’m afraid that I am going to have to report you to the police for speeding and driving the car without a permit.
      I’m kidding about reporting you but really, that’s over the speed limit. Does it flip overt when you turn or can you actually steer the thing?

Didn’t know tennis courts had a speed limit!!?? LOL yeah the limit in my street is 50km/h.

Ive got a few more trick up my sleeve just to squeeze more torque and speed. (maybe 10 km/h more)

This baby has EXPLOSIVE power, the motor has around 30 watts of power at the shaft, which is about as much power as a Johnson 540 motor.

Considering my motor is an FA-130 sized motor, its extremely potent, and u gotta be gentle on the loud trigger, or its wheelspinnin’ hoes grinnin’ to the max.

The car sounds great too, like its turbo charged or something.

Barrelll
      Participant

Have you already fixed our mini zs up?? Not coming up for the rugby anymore because of exams but will be up not long after that if u cant be bothered sending them down, just let me know whats going on 🙂 ta mate

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I can send them down sooner than the 30th.

Barrelll
      Participant

did u fix the bit char-g aswell? How much difference did the FETS make ?? Its upto you if u want to send them down otherwise well grab them when we come up

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Barrelll ive done boh the cars, and just realised i need to fix the BCG, will send soon.

Cheers

Fellaz, i’m gonna do some major work to my mini Z and i am hoping to reach 85+km/h.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Can I ask were one would get a speed checker?

Back on topic yea vids would be cool you gots a nice smooth street you can race beside a car(someone you trust not to swerve)?

Nice job dude:D

micro_Amps
      Participant

Good stuff Jamie.
      I havent picked up on this topic previously.
      Good to see you pushing the envelope just a bit further.

Tamiya speed checkers are quite good, I use it for BCG speeds too.
      There’s one for sale on ebay right now, only US$10
      ebay link to speed checker
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have tried to get a vid but i haven’t been able o book a firewire camera, but am working on it.

Speed checker is the #1 tool for tuning mini Z’s, allows you to see the tiniest of performance increase/drop.

The great thing is that you can actually tune the motors.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.