My MOTHERFUGGUIN Losi Micro Rock Crawler

Home Forums General Chat My MOTHERFUGGUIN Losi Micro Rock Crawler

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Hey Guys,
      I have been waiting with baited ****ing breath for the Losi Micro Rock Crawler. I got drunk Australia Day and ordered one RTR from RCHobbies for $170 shipped!

She arrived yesterday, and it is LOVE! So far I have pulled the battery holder, and replaced it with Velcro on the rear axel and pulled off the springs.

Mods to come?
      * True beadlocks, star-cut foams, bbs in tyres
      * Lengthen wheel base to 130mm (looks like this will be the comp WB), bent lower links
      * Uncase and shrinkwrap electronics, maybe replace wires (stockies are super stiff and actually hinder smooth articulation)
      Plus more!

After the years of fun Sally (my Mini-Z OL) has given me I feel a little guilty turning my back on her, but on the other hand, this is pretty much what the OL should have been all along!!!

I won’t post pics yet, there are plenty out there of stockies with just the springs removed and the battery on the rear axel, but I will snap a good one of the Micro and the Mini-Z together tomorrow and post it then.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant
      kevsta
      Participant

I couldn’t help myself and bought one too -charging it up right now.

rchobbies is like only 5 minute drive from where I am.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Cool! let me know how you find it… I’ll put up a quick pic of mine “completed”…

P2250275.jpg

blurrc
      Participant

Haha Nerf gun…

Anyway it looks great. I have been reading about them on Micro T Forum, they sound awesome but not really my type of vehicle.

Link to the Crawler section on MTF
      http://www.microtforum.com/forum/index.php?c=11

Also there is a guy called DBR who makes wonderful vac-formed bodies. Link:
      http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8773

He has some Crawler bodies in there as well. But you have to be a member to look at the forum unfortunetly.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

@kevsta 230741 wrote:

I couldn’t help myself and bought one too -charging it up right now.

rchobbies is like only 5 minute drive from where I am.

You should start a thread with what you do with it. The site needs the traffic 😀

blurrc: You might be suprised man, what with all the custom/toy/scale bodies that sit nicely on the chassis and the fact it is a real tabletop truck in a way Mini-Zs and Micro-T’s aren’t, it might be right up your alley. You only need about the same amount of room as a q-steer rather than a whole house like a Z…
      I hate to have to sign up just to look around, DBR’s stuff is also shown on http://www.rccrawler.com/. I bought all bits and pieces to replicate his rear links, but I bought the wrong size!

I put an mini update on r7r. Can non-member see all the pics etc… on Rippers?

kevsta
      Participant

@Pork_Hunt 230747 wrote:

You should start a thread with what you do with it. The site needs the traffic 😀
      QUOTE]

It’s a great little truck and my son loves playing with it. I’ve only added some rc weights on the front and back of the chassis. I might see if I can add some micro-t springs on it to give it a better stance – but that’ll be all for now as I’m still playing with the mr03.

This truck really needs lipo batteries, the standard losi batteries give very little run-time 🙁

blurrc
      Participant

@Pork: Yer I think they are great little trucks. Although I gotta focus on finishing my Micro-DT. Just waiting on the Toyz website to stock some parts. I have a fairly large basement so I got plenty of room to race my DT and build jumps and such. I prefer the speed and racing and I just don’t think the crawler would suit me.

Also when I get the parts for my DT I will post a thread with pics and all the upgrades. I have done LOADS to it and it is a uncontrollable weapon haha.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.