my new bmw x5 project (one of two)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      arch2b
      Participant

i just got my xr asc in and i ve developed a lwer profile roof radck that matches the taper of the roof.

next will be finishing the complete light set! already 50% done…

IMG_0383.sized.jpg

IMG_0377.sized.jpg

IMG_0376.sized.jpg

Edited by – arch2b on 23 November 2003 12:05:15

Edited by – arch2b on 23 November 2003 12:05:48

barto_85
      Participant

looks very nice.

ph2t
      Participant

Dman that looks really nice dude. Does the front end have some sort of cross suspension? The first pic seems mad!

ph2t.

Barrelll
      Participant

Man that is one nice looking car, can we see pics without the shell on? And yeh that suspension at the front looks nice!

arch2b
      Participant

chassis picture

IMG_0005_002.sized.jpg

my other chassis:smiley2:

IMG_0003_002.sized.jpg

incase your wondering what the clear plastic and zip ties are for:

IMG_0070.sized.jpg

Edited by – arch2b on 24 November 2003 11:54:08

ph2t
      Participant

holy sh1t, that’s insane:p. Are these full alloy chassis’ you’re showing us?
      Is this mini-z overlander series?

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

hmm thats one hoped up overland???? how much that cost u?

betty.k
      Participant

ooh baby!! i want one o’ dem! of course i’m not prepared to pay for it though!:D:8ball:

arch2b
      Participant

yep, those chassis’s have just about every alloy upgrade offered:D

while i don’t recall the exact dollar amount, it was not cheap:smiley2: i am very pleased with my overland’s and it’s taken me about a year to get them to this point. while all the alloy is not needed, it does look good!

betty.k
      Participant

i don’t wanna know how much they cost! i might start crying if i found out!:sad::8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

Ok… please tell us how much did this amazing machine cost ya. And where did u find all the upgrades?
      And is that a Transformer’s sticker on the bonnet?

arch2b
      Participant

i get all my parts from mini-zracer. things tend to sell out, so somethings take longer than other like i just picked up the front damper for the red chassis last week.

as far as the bmw project, i make the roof racks. while the materials per say are not to expensive, the time that goes into them is alot.
      the autobot decal was made by myself on the computer and i had them printed for me. the mini-z decals are from the shop. i typically make all my own decals and have them printed on watersilde paper by someone else. wait to you see my other x5 project…lots of cutsom decal work. i have a third x5 project in the planning already. just waiting for the white unpainted x5 bodies to come out (hopefully soon) to make it easier to paint.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

dood man.. i totally know that model.. we had about 50 of em in my electrical class to mess around with.. lights, hydro’s.. ect.. they’re great for puttin lights into.. i did about 3.. u should try yellow lights for the inner head lights and grean for the outers.. just pop out the lights.. cut down the lil tab things (that were melted to hold the light in place) a bit.. not all the way or it will look mashed.. if u cut them down a just a lil then the lights look like mad halogens.. then just take regular size LED’s.. the super bright ones work best.. and wire them and hot glue them where the tabs used to stick thru.. drill the holes from the tabs out a bit first tho.. so that the head of the led just fits a bit thru.. the tail lights look crazy when they’re wired up.. if u measure twice and cut once so to speak u should be able to get the interior to still fit in too.. and theres a perfect place to mount the switch rite where the rear hatch is.. the windows are really easy to tint out if u do them beforehand.. i cant tell if urs are already.. iunno if u have the exact same model as i was workin on.. mines doors, hatch, and hood opened.. but the lights should be similar regardless… just an idea..

bithed
      Participant

…Dood your gear looks REALLY good…silver and clear is my personal favourite anyway…But Arch you have entirely too much free time and too much money to be involved in this hobby…its not fair 🙂

…If there is a part or a system you need checked Arch is your man…I am getting Arch a naked X5 in return for some roof-top lights for my upcoming monster 🙂 Its good to have you showing up more on ausmicro Arch…Keep up the good work 🙂

Impreza
      Participant

Very nice. Like the giant dog in your Dakar Rally pics;)

arch2b
      Participant

bithed,
      i have about as much free time as you:smiley2: it helps to have a tv ready computer in my hobby room to keep my son happy while i work. i get to spend some time working as well as keeping an eye on the kids, not to mention keep up to date on sponge bob:D

hehe, the dog does look big comapred to the overland.

as far as cost….well, bithed should have a better idea but i really don’t recall and i don’t think i want to:blush:

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.