my new i waver tx, i love it!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

just got it today, in time for a track day!

initial impressions are good. the steering grip feels good and all the switches and buttons are fine, no rattling parts.

i understand why it s called the iw led controller, that blue led burns right into your retina as you try to look at the lcd screen! i put some tape over it, you know it s on by looking at the screen.

the front of the trigger was a little rough from the moulding and was hurting my finger after a while. i just slid some heatshrink over it and it s smooth and not so scratchy.

you definately need to read the manual before operating if you re new to anything more sophisticated than a normal iw tx or kyosho tx. but once you do it s not too hard to understand all the features and how to use them.

so far i ve used it with my zz monster with iw pcb and my xmod with iw pcb. once i programmed separate models for each car using it was no more confusing than a normal iw tx. range seems as good as if not better than the old model.
      then i remembered that i used to run my 29mhz 1:10 with my old iw tx so i popped the 29mhz crystal in the new tx and it worked fine! not quite as well as the proper 29mhz tx but good enough for me to be able to ditch all my other tx s and just use this one. i will eventually get a 27mhz rx for it to tidy things up.

now we all know this has the look and function of a futaba 3ch fm tx but is a 2 ch am deal. but there s a switch next to the edit buttons that seems connected. i got to hook up with microamps today and he pointed out that in the manual it states “modulation format: ppm 3 channel”. i don t have a 3ch rx to test it out but i say it s worth a shot. if this turns out to be a 3ch tx we ll all be laughing!

so i will now use this as my number 1 tx for all my rc s that can work with it. in the end i payed AUD$60 (about $45 – 50 usd) for an impressive tx:):8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

These are surprisingly good value, and quality build too.
      Betty, whats that you’ve got it set to on the display…..:shock::smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

If it’s a 3 channel, and made by Futaba, it’s very similar to the Futaba 3PM…can’t wait to get mine!

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      Betty, whats that you’ve got it set to on the display…..:shock::smiley2:

sad really, my tx is getting more action than me!:D:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

OMG just noticed that….LOL

My TX is giving me the SHITS SHITS SHITTY SHITWORTHS as the ABS seems to do absolutely nothing different…….gay…

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, my abs doesn’t seem to work well either.
      it locks the wheels for about half a second then it just coasts. weird.
      i tried abs with the 1:10, which has a forward/ reverse/ abs brake esc. hitting the brake just made it coast, totally no brake whatsoever. obviously the 2 braking systems cancel each other out or something.
      the manual states that it’s all fully adjustable but i think it’s a load of hooey! i read somewhere that the manual is a word for word ripoff of the futaba 3pm manual anyway so i dunno what to believe!:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’m personally not too happy with my Tx…

-ABS seems to do nothing

-The trigger is shocking, i swear they chemically sharpened the edge of it!

-LED is ridiculously bright so you can’t read the display too well..easy fixed though

-Overall “feel” feels cheaper than a Kyosho Perfex

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.