…..My New Toy…..!!!!!!!!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion …..My New Toy…..!!!!!!!!

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author
      MiniKing
      Participant

Well last week i did it i went out and got myself a brand new rtr Team Losi Mini T…..!!!!!! And i must say i am quite impressed with these funky little machines………and wat makes it better is the price i got it at…$250!!!and that price includes Team losi Bearings and a 3racing racing motor from my LHS who is a losi importer…..:D:D I couldnt wait to get it home and run it…….Yesterday was the first day i ran it indoors obviously and they are slow out of the box but i didnt care i drove it stock around the house doin jumps and stuff like that……running Venom rechargeable AA s helped it a bit while stock….even my girlfriend was doing jumps with this thing off the supplied ramp…….once the batts were dead i put them on charge and fitted my bearings and motor……F**K wat a difference i now dont have enough room to get this thing up to speed…..with the batts freshly charged it seemed 10x faster i cant wait to really open this thing up…..im really happy with the way it is running although it seems my girlfriend likes it more than i do she was running it more than i was….:D:D Im enjoying the performance this thing has now and my next mods will be oil shocks a proper batt pack and ball diff…..then im getting the Hummer body for it…….I have already got the stuff on hold at my LHS….just waiting for them to get my battery pack in….cant wait to see how this thing will run after the next round of mods……will post pix im my gallery soon…I rekon the mini T is cool man and it isnt costing much at all to hop it upill have this thing turned into a total machine and it will still cost me less than the money ive spent on my mini Zs………:D:smiley2::D:smiley2: Will post up how my next round of hop ups go……!!!!!!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      dgs73
      Participant

how cool’s this package eh MK? Got bearings on the way ($2usd, then postage…:approve::smiley2:) mate dont do the oils till you need em… what batts you running in it? was using 2100mah nimh myself, does need more speed though. You’re right too, hopups are super cheap by comparison to Z’s… you seen the carbon fibre bumper? Fits on instead of the tiny bump bar on the front. Motor and 6 cell pack coming soon, but if you need differing suspension travel chuch a couple of the spacers in. Stupid question time; what colour body did you get? Glad you got one mate, you wont be dissapointed… btw, did you try normal batteries in it? Mine got done in about 3 minutes. Now the motor’s worn in it’s a bit faster, but stock motor wont be in for long… only got one pic in my gallery, but more will be added… *stops for a breath* cant wait to see the difference your motor makes… last thing; your lhs would’t happen to be Kellet’s would it?? :D:smiley2:

MiniKing
      Participant

Ive paid for all my stuff already just waiting for my battery pack to come in so i can pick it all up in one hit i put spacers in the shocks it helps but the oil shocks will be heaps better….im running AA rechargables now not sure wat mah but they are pretty good last quite long even with the hotter motor….6 cell pack will be heaps better….never ran normal batts wouldnt bother you cant beat rechargeables….I got the blue shell on mine(girlfriends choice) but it will soon be replaced with the hummer shell and some slick chrome wheels….:smiley2::smiley2::DMy LHS is not Kellets its called Custom Model Cars Kellets are hopeless they charge way too much for their stuff……The motor makes a big difference man its not properly run in yet my stock motor is brand new and was even run in….Should get my new hop ups by the end of the week for round two of the Mini T build up…..im uploading my photos soon havent had much time……:D:smiley2::D:D next time i come down to Meadow bank well have a bit of a race mate..????:D:):D

PandaBear
      Participant

What kind of radio range are you boys getting?

Anything more than 10 feet? blackeye:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:

That wouldn’t be the reason why someone else on another forum is trying to offload theirs for $170 would it ?

bithed
      Participant

…ok boys….keep going…chuck in all your giblets and spill the beans…BTW noone would like to express post their AA battery holder to me would they ? 😀

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:

had no probs at 50ft… ran out of space then, not range… BITHED; cheers for that carbon bumper dood… though it took a while to figure what it was supposed to go on… once that was sorted, it was easy… can send you the battery holder once i get the 6 cell pack. What’s it worth to you??:D:p:smiley2:

bithed
      Participant

Nah its ok..they are a dime a dozen here…REALLY? That bumper fits your T? Thats a surprise because i thought it was for your 02…go figure…I have a GP 1100 arriving too…I might start making a couple of sets too just for giggles…BTW my 18 STILL isnt here…Its stuck in California..lol…

dgs73
      Participant

mate did’nt even have to mod the holes… go look in my gallery dood:D:approve:

bithed
      Participant

…Man i am SO good at what i do 🙂 Peace 😀

dgs73
      Participant

going to use it as a template to cut a 1.6mm aluminium one, should last longer than the carbon, which due to its weak spots may not take more than a few hits…

bithed
      Participant

…thatsa much better idea…I have decided that carbon is all very well and nice but alloy is what matters for crappy drivers like me…Thats the mistake i first made with my Mini Z Monster…But not with the 18 scale…its chunky alloy all the way baby and f its underpowered then what the hey 🙂 Chuck something with more gas in it 🙂 Thats something i couldnt always do with the Z platform…

dgs73
      Participant

i’ll have to fold the aluminium a bit to avoid it bending in the place that the carbon (below pic) will eventually snap… personally though, unlike the Zs, I think most of this car will stay plastic

Edited by – dgs73 on 30 November 2004 12:20:20

bithed
      Participant

…DGS would you send me the outline of that bumper on a piece of paper the next time you send me something…it would be nice to have one on file 🙂 Dont forget the screw holes 🙂 I REALLY need to find someone local who can do carbon AND alloy…

dgs73
      Participant

no worries dood… will do

MiniKing
      Participant
      Quote:

have no probs with range with my one……i get alot more than 10 feet i can tell you that much.:D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

maybe that issue was with the earlier ones and have since been sorted before shipping out of their warehouse. Maybe.:question: I’ll test my range again this weekend and see exactly how far it will go before the dreaded ‘mind of it’s own’ issue…

dgs73
      Participant

note to anyone who wanted to get one of those flash lookin’ carbon bumpers for your T? Don’t do it. Snapped it in about an hour. Aluminium ones i will be doing from this week. Bithed; wont do the template now, how about a funky aluminium one instead?:smiley2::D

bithed
      Participant

…no dave you keep it…No problem…im not surprised you broke it…The bumper isnt the best place for carbon but how was the shape? Good ? bad? ugly?

dgs73
      Participant

shape was cool… just not enough strength were needed… gonna mod the shape and with the addition of a couple of folds here and there will see it standing up to alot more. Let me know the position of the screw holes of the front “bumper” on your 18t when it shows and i’ll sort you something out. 😀

bithed
      Participant

…slightly different system on the 18 but i will send you a plan anyway 🙂 Hopefully its on its way and should be here soon…This thing is costing me lots of mone and it hasnt even arrived yet…lol…

dgs73
      Participant

i think my working with metal might actually be useful now…

MiniKing
      Participant

My LHS has got my battery pack in stock and all my stuff is waiting to be picked up i cant wait to try out my new batt pack, oil shocks and ball diff…..i also added a set of 3racing CVD’s as i snapped one the original pins……i cant wait to get my stuff……i took it off road on sunday for a bit of a bash goin over few jumps and stuff those oil shocks are gonna help out my T when landing after jumps the stock ones with spacers in are hopeless man…..the spacers dont do noting……..will post picks when done fitting my new hop ups……:D:smiley2::D:smiley2::D

dgs73
      Participant

i was talked out of the ball diff, and with good reason. Anyway, the rest of the peices are going in soon, bearings went in last night (and i thought doing a Z’s bearing was fast!!:approve:) Mate if you’re going off road with it (and why not?) dont do the ball diff. Or do, its up to you, but not for backyard bashing. You’ll see what i mean soon enough. As for the spacers, what size you using? I’ve been jumping the thing off the stairs in my house, making jumps outta whatever’s at hand, it loves it all. Does’nt bottom out like it was, but oil shocks are high on my list of priorities… btw, how the hell did you snap your cvd’s??:shock: So you had to order from CMC, not in stock? I’ll be heading to Kell’s after all. Not a patient person…:smiley2:

MiniKing
      Participant

Nah I didnt have to order anything from custom model cars they have everything for the mini T in stock except the batt pack which they just sold out of when i went to get mine……i love taking it off road nothing too harsh just stuff appropriate for its scale some hard clay is cool surface i had my t drifting and jumping really well……I want to try the ball diff if it works it works if it doesnt aw well its all an experiment for me with my mini T and i get my stuff at really good prices so i cant complain. It must help in some way……i didnt snap the whole cvd i snapped the pin that goes in behind the wheel….so i just decided to replace both the cvds and got the one that goes with the ball diff i got……Kellets are hopeless man i was in there on the weekend and they are just too overpriced with their stuff….not worth the drive to Liverpool really….. :D:smiley2::D

dgs73
      Participant

it’s closer for me than Penshurst… but will no doubt head to both.:D

MiniKing
      Participant

I got my shocks and my cvd pins…..cant wait to fit em…..shall be posting new pics soon of mini t and my other cars…….the guy @ my hobby my shop did me a sweet deal on Team Losi 6 cell power up pack which will be in my possesion at the end of the week……funds are a bit tied up for now i got my girls birthday this weekend….need to buy her presents first……but i got the shocks and cvd pins first and ill have the power up pack by Friday…..will post the results later….:D:D:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Why can’t u use the ball diff? a ball diff should make a good improvement in offroad traction…

MiniKing
      Participant
      Quote:
      Why can’t u use the ball diff? a ball diff should make a good improvement in offroad traction…

Thats exactly wat i want to know Jamie…..I was speaking to the bloke at my local hobby shop yesterday and he said that it will make an improvement……he has one fitted to his and he said it made a big improvement over the stock diff on and off road…..:D:DIm getting mine at the end of the week so ill see wat happens i cant see why it wouldnt make an improvement over stock.

dgs73
      Participant

did’nt say it would’nt be an improvement… don’t want the added servicing duties, so i’m not going to get a ball diff yet. Simple and easy explanation. Maybe later, when NEEDED

MiniKing
      Participant

Fair enough seeing as you are still running a standard motor and your car is mostly standard you wont really need it just yet……Although the guy at my LHS said that the standard ones do wear quick when you get a hotter motor which ive been running in my T for a bit….and since im getting the 6cell power up pack from losi which is a 6cell batt pack,more powerfull motor and pinion my LHS said it would be good investment….Fitted my new oil shocks last nite….im really happy with the results no more bottoming out for the T anymore was getting some good air last nite jumping it off any thing i could….Oil shocks are a good mod to do…worth the money spent.:D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

thought as much.. getting em when i get the motor/batt. pack combo next week. So what’s your lhs damage on ball diff? (price…)

mini-g
      Participant

ball diff would prob help a little for competitive racing…but for just bashing the stock diff should outlast the car. and as djs said not as much maintenense( excuse the spelling:shock:) sounds like the shops are trying to drum up buisness:evil:

BIG DAVE

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Im sticking with a gear diff in my 1/10 for that same reason, low maintenence.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Im sticking with a gear diff in my 1/10 for that same reason, low maintenence.

dgs73
      Participant

i might get one down the track as i said… but it’s not high on my list of priorities (hell, it’s only just on the list!) For the meantime it goes well enough for me…

Edited by – dgs73 on 08 December 2004 12:49:40

dgs73
      Participant

added an 1100 mah nimh batt. pack to the mix last night, now we’ve got some speed happening! Straight out to the backyard (definately not enough room in the house now!:D), and let her rip. It’s good to see gravel hitting a fence a metre away from the rear of the thing. Still turns on a dime too…

Edited by – dgs73 on 10 December 2004 09:23:03

MiniKing
      Participant

Good Stuff the pack helps heaps with performance man wait till you get a hotter motor and youll really see a difference…….i was fanging my car around last nite and was drifting no probs and getting the back out was soooooooo easy and thats not offroad and running my venom 2300mah AA rechargables…..!!!!!These things do handle really well and they do turn on a dime……gave my oil shocks a good workout last nite aswell was jumping it off the Losi ramp you get in the kit……hitting the ramp full speed and getting some serious air in my driveway and it wasnt bottoming out at all…….6 cell power up pack will be mine 2day…..cant wait to fit that….:D:D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

i got the Venom 6 cell pack myself… wait till you drop it in… i’m going to wait for the motor now, just gonna get a few more packs and the oil shocks. Faster motor can wait, me thinks… sliding it up the hall on the lino makes the most delicious sound too…

Keymaster

So are you guys going to want to eh Alloy and Carbon stuff? like a complete new chassis?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

uh… no. Not me. Not going down the same road with this as i have with the Z’s. Stock plastic is the way this’ll stay… Not sure about MK though…:question:

dgs73
      Participant

oh, MK; does that LHS of yours carry the spring sets for the oil shocks as well? It’s looking like i’ll be getting everything at once when I go out there…:D:approve:

MiniKing
      Participant

nah aaron im not gonna get any carbon on my T alloy i will be getting though eventually….ill prob leave the main chassis plastic and get a few select alloy parts that i want…..i dont like carbon fibre for off road and the way ive driving this thing i doubt it would last……my LHS has everything im goin there this arvo after work

dgs73
      Participant

coolies… leave some stock for me!!!:D:smiley2:

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.