my new track.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

i will be posting some new pics of a track i am working on. hope you like it…

z-beam
      Participant
      DaveF
      Participant

have you hosted the images on AusMicro yet, in the member gallery? I can never see the images on the MSN groups, and I’d love to see the track images.

z-beam
      Participant

sorry dave. i still havent worked out exactly how to get the gallery options workin. damn, that means you’ve never seen my stuff.

i seen your work and u have been an influence and inspiration. i just wish a few more AUSsies would have a go at making tracks.

anyone else have problems seeing my pics?

z-beam
      Participant

here ya go dave, all in webshots now.

the cliff half:
      http://community.webshots.com/photo/116292953/116296657IrgXci

and the cluttered (at the mo’) pit half

http://community.webshots.com/photo/116292953/116297871fEALJh

z-beam
      Participant

and heres an old pic of my first track showing the pit area:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/116292953/116299478CyRmKi

z-beam
      Participant

so i can keep good looks and maximize storage capability i worked out how to have removable trees. they cost $15 for 4 of them and they look real.
      heres a pic of the magnet system.
      http://community.webshots.com/photo/116292953/116468331okvFBC

and a pic of a tree next to the torana:
      http://community.webshots.com/photo/116292953/116468564UlBqgt

betty.k
      Participant

torana??!! wtf didja get that? or any oz muscle car shells for that matter:8ball:

danyprat
      Participant

I like much youre track i have done mine on http://www.5e5.net/bsr

To dave, HI DAVE in my link i have used one of youre video.

No problems …. isn’t?

leonli17
      Participant

betty.k: The torana, it’s just a 2000GTR body painted orange.

betty.k
      Participant

damn! i’d love to see some classic aussie shells:8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

i have never seen your old track before z-beam, looks quality and the new ones looking nice too. Good to see the old bb out again, havn’t seen that beauty in a while.

z-beam
      Participant

thanx all. i have decided to not use the ad barriers this time around. if anyone is interested in these i could post em up somewhere for a week or two for you to download and print.

DaveF
      Participant

It’s looking good. Send more shots when you have the whole thing complete. I like pit lane. very nice work.

Oh, DanyPrat, just put something under the clip like “By DaveF from AusMicro.com” To advertise this site a little more. Cheers.

leonli17
      Participant

How about a full shot of the track? :Y)

z-beam
      Participant

i’ll take a few tonight. it’s all mounted now and in place in the loungeroom. i’ve had a few runs around it with the enzo and im very happy with the layout. looked quite daunting at first but i was kroozin around with a clone “yellow” motor in no time with out needing to reverse.

got a shock with my supposed “speedbumps”. they were really slowbumps. without enuff speed the bit got stuck half way… the sbcg chassis is pretty low stock. so ill have to give it a shave down before i matt varnish the whole thing.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

You guys are amazing!!!!!!!

Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!

Hiya Dave!!
      *waves madly*

z-beam
      Participant

thanx Kitty. i got a suprize picture to go with the track that your gonna all see soon. the suprize will be seeing it, a celica ute/tow truck with upright exhausts.

i got a bit more inspired with the start line and speedbumps last night. there all diagonally zebra striped now. the bumps got a shave down as well and the superbits have no worries getting over them.

Edited by – z-beam on 14 February 2004 14:27:44

DaveF
      Participant

Heya Kitty. =o)

z – I just notised you put your btcharge stuff in extreme sports too. heh-heh. I like the earth to water coastline look. Very nice. I look forward to photos of the speed bump and other new progress on the track.

z-beam
      Participant

earth to water???

my girlfreind emma said that too. thats why all that green is now brown, with patches of grass and a few pine trees. i hope to have a few new pics up later today.

i want to do a nice cliff/elevated track with beaches and stuff next. i live near the coast so i want to reprazent my local area with a tropical feel track.good looking water can be made by mixing blue ink with pva glue.

z-beam
      Participant

new pics!!!

119037949yTgoht_ph.jpg

119038278FYkllA_ph.jpg

Edited by – z-beam on 18 February 2004 00:47:06

z-beam
      Participant

lined up at the pits:

119038702RxLlUb_ph.jpg

the “priveliged” cars:(damn flash makes the contach detailing go white!)

119040181cmArpE_ph.jpg

Edited by – z-beam on 18 February 2004 00:53:56

z-beam
      Participant

the Bb goin for a bush bash!

119040709IYthND_ph.jpg

and a few bits havin a race…
      119039453avoSeE_ph.jpg

betty.k
      Participant

man, that is looking so good! i wanna come and try it out now!!:p:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

where in oz are you? cos this track sure is fun.
      its got an almost perfect balance of technicality and streight out speed racing. you must think ahead in order to get around all the corners (take it wide).

all i got to do now is put some more lines in the parking lot and give it a spray and it’ll be done!
      and the best bit is i can make other boards that could connect in different ways, i love mdf!!!

z-beam
      Participant

pic_10.jpg

what do you think is better, mine or the official one?

betty.k
      Participant

yours for sure!:smiley2: i is in melb, bit too far to just pop in!:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

anyone know what the grey surface they used in the tomy track is?

brendan
      Participant

looks like pbc plastic

DaveF
      Participant

I acn’t see your shots in here, but I’ll have a look on WebShots… Looks great.

z-beam
      Participant

thanx dave, its funny how somethin will work one day and the next its all gone…
      with your overpass in your big track what sort of angle did you use? i’d like to know the best angle that doesnt stop the bits too much.

z-beam
      Participant

heres a pic in the ausmicro gallery, thanx to Aaron pics should be a bit easier to veiw from now on…

Admin
      Participant

awesome track z-beam!!! looks great and real fun to race on.

TallduDe
      Participant

nice work on the track man :smiley16:

looks like a technical track aye?

what motors do u use for it?

dgs73
      Participant

just a small question; where does everyone keep their track when not in use? Permanently set up, or shoved in a corner? (like mine…:smiley2:) z-beam; nice work. Is that track two piece?

z-beam
      Participant

motors i use are clone yellows for sbcg and lots of crashing at first, and for when the freinds have a go basic bcg’s with 1.6 motors.

the only upgrades i give them to choose from are suspenion,tyres and gears.

sure is two pieces, but unlike my first one this has a lot of scenery that prevents it from being stacked. allthough i like the scenery the next track(s) are going to be an even height for storage.

and on the subject of storage,on their side leaning up against an even surface and in from humididty to avoid warping. laying them flat is nice if you have the space (and a really understanding gf)but i would suggest using a cover of some kind to keep the dust off when not in use.

dgs73
      Participant

you’ve outlined the only storage method i’ve got… damn thing is 1.2 x 2.2 metres… standing up does help it keep its shape, but I would love to have it set up full time somewhere…

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i really need to put a cover over my track, dust effects handling somewhat.

but the real bummer now is that my bits dont seem to be working! only my booster bit char g all the other seem to have died.. what a fucken shame.

z-beam
      Participant

if you want it set up permanatly it aint going to look nice with a cover over it… the only other solution is make a clear perspex case for the whole setup… lotsa $$$$ for that option.

talldude, if the track is dusty i advise a slightly moist face towel wipe down of the entirety of the track… do not use bcg’s in a dusty environment it will mean hours of servicing time removing front wheels from the knuckles to get all the built up dust out of them.

a matt varnish spray really helped my track to be a bit more tolerant to the occasional clean up.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i know about dust for bits but i put them in a seal boxed away from dust.

its the batts i forget to charge em when stored. i heared if you dont use the batts that often they die if not charged.

ahwell..

z-beam
      Participant

u need some replacements?

Admin
      Participant

storage is a problem for me as well, no one wants a track laying around the house and i cant keep it in my room since there is nt any. the only other option is to keep it in my friends spare house but that means no play time and its still under construction so i still wanna work on it.

TallduDe
      Participant

it toook me ages to build my track due to the fact that when it was raceable we raced on it!

so the finishing bits on it took ages.

im lucky my bro moved out therefore i can use his old room as my track room :smiley16:

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.