My new ZZ SE, yeah!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Scored it a couple of days ago, cool….

se_1.jpg
      se_2.jpg

Here’s some video showing it’s capabilities. She’s still pretty stock, except for a EM38 motor and guitar string antenna :D.

http://www.prahranpianos.com/bit_g/rx7_test.avi

Cheers,

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

hey ph2t how do u do thema antenas iwanna put one on one of my cars

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Nice video dude now All you need to do is figure out the mosfets and you are rockin 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

is the little horseshoe looking thing the throttle? great vid.

brendan
      Participant

yeah it looks a little slow,i like the vid but,an tha bit at the end how u are beside is an infront of it is great

ms char-ged
      Participant

they actually look very nice, from the pics i’ve seen before i wouldn’t even have thought they look that good, ph2t, can you close the headlights, and where did you get it from?

Edited by – ms char-ged on 03 November 2003 20:49:08

Super Max Power
      Participant

Love the backing music for the video. The whole package looks very cool. What other mods are planned?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Another fanatic joins the elite minority of ZipZap SE owners in Australia, lol.
      Did you get any hop-ups as well? The 3.4 purple motors for those cars rock, faster than a king 4.2 in a ZZ SE. (but only in a ZZ SE, otherwise the 4.2 is quicker)
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

I’ve prostituted myself to get some addons, hopefully will have some in a few weeks :p.

ph2t.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

how did you get a hold of taht in Australia? (I think that’s where you are, right?). Anyways, from what I’ve heard, the steering isn’t so good. 5 steps to the right and 3 steps to teh left. Can you verify whether it’s true or not? I’m planning to get an SE soon but I’m just wondering about this stuff.

Impreza
      Participant

Wow ph2t, I have to say I am VERY impressed… Your floors really shimmer:shock:.

Good work as always on the vid. Nice touch on using the godfather of soul;) although I am suprised you didn’t use Initial D music.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      how did you get a hold of taht in Australia? (I think that’s where you are, right?). Anyways, from what I’ve heard, the steering isn’t so good. 5 steps to the right and 3 steps to teh left. Can you verify whether it’s true or not? I’m planning to get an SE soon but I’m just wondering about this stuff.

You can adjust this to have the same on both side (8 & 8 I think).

I love me se’s they are great fun and now that we have the older retired ZZ stuff here I can pick up more bodies 🙂

ph2t
      Participant

mercblue: the antenna is made from guitar string, simple as. Do a search for “guitar string antenna” in BCG Tech.

barto: the horseshoe is the fwd/rev throttle. pull the trigger towards you in accels fwd. push the trigger away from you and it accels in rev.

mscharged: no the lights don’t close man, they’re stuck up permanently:dead:. a mate over at bitpimps hooked me up 🙂

SMP: there’s great potential for a lot of mods on this car. I want to get some new shells and re-sit the lights properly, lower the shell/chassis (it sits awfully high), etc..

monkeyboy: the steering isn’t that bad, I haven’t “fixed” my steering yet and it’s not that big a deal. but to be correct, yes this “twitch” does exist.

Prez: thanks man, but screw that crappy cartoon music, unless it’s Warner Bros of course!:approve:

ph2t.

barto_85
      Participant
      Quote:
      barto: the horseshoe is the fwd/rev throttle. pull the trigger towards you in accels fwd. push the trigger away from you and it accels in rev.

Is it hard to get used to?

ph2t
      Participant

not really, you just learn that you don’t need to go all the way fwd or revt anymore but you can be more selective. What would help is a longer handle though, for sure. Bloody big hands…..

ph2t.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      not really, you just learn that you don’t need to go all the way fwd or revt anymore but you can be more selective. What would help is a longer handle though, for sure. Bloody big hands…..

ph2t.

Yea good thing I am a little person (midget) cause thems controllers are small.

TallduDe
      Participant

so i would have no chance getting my fingers around the controller!!

TallduDe
      Participant

okay finailly got my hands on a zip zap se!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torino.jpg

mega cool 1976 Ford Gran Torino – Starsky & Hutch!!

sweet ride.

it handles really well bit of a tank in steerin on my tight and twisty track but with better gears/motors and hopefully some fets it will be mega sweeeeet!

even the lights are a nice touch.

Edited by – TallduDe on 14 April 2004 18:07:37

merc-blue
      Participant

i want one 🙁 outta the box ther crap and after some mods then they are sweet

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.