my Q-Steer collection

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i’ve got 6 of them now – R35 GTR, R34, R34 Police Car, R32, ’69 KPGC10 GTR, and a AE86 🙂

qsteer01.th.jpg qsteer08.th.jpg qsteer02.th.jpg qsteer03.th.jpg

continued below…

Admin
      Participant

qsteer04.th.jpg qsteer05.th.jpg qsteer06.th.jpg qsteer07.th.jpg

I tried playing around with motors from BCG and ZipZaps but they kept causing interference problems with the steering… so I’m just running different gear ratios with the standard motors (all white base).

I ordered the Corvette and that has the fast orange gears, and I have a couple of the Reebok R32 Skyline GTR arriving soon that have the orange base motors. From my research, the orange gears and motor will produce a really fast car 🙂

I haven’t played around with the motors from the buggies though (blue base), has anyone tried the motors from them? I wonder if they’re faster then the orange base.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Awesome collection dude!

PandaBear
      Participant

hey wow, the R35 is out?! 🙂 now gotta go find one

just picked up my 1st QS y’day, a Z33 fairlady – runs great!

Range is amazing too, like 20′!

Also just played with a MicroBuggy QS (aka micro Tamiya)… starts stuttering at about 20′

z-beam
      Participant

the only bcg motor ive managed to use without getting interference is a 1.0 from memory.. and the australian retail silver subaru wrx has a green capped motor, quite a bit more speed than the standard white capped ones.

the blue capped ones from the buggies are pretty punchy to, not as high speed as the orange cap motor though. and orange motor combined with the orange gears is very fast.

betty.k
      Participant

’69 KPGC10 GTR

too cute!

to solve your glitching probs (maybe), try soldering a capacitor across the motor terminals. i would personally start with one with “103” written on it. but try anything you have at hand first. motor terminals can be found in the attached pic. :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

Stereosonics you might need to recreate your account here.
      To answer your question about motors the order of fastest to slowest is orange>green>blue>white.

With only one set containing the orange motor it’s hard and expensive to get.
      Also standard orange bcg gears are far faster than the qsteer gears.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.