My Saturday of BIT DEATH

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Today i Killed my Compact Char G!!!! while trying to put on springed supention on my bit i broke a chip off the board and now it has died

The chip was the C56 or 923 which sits in the top left.

Lucky i found the tiny chip and are now thinking of soldering it back on hopefully it will work or myer might get a dead bit back (suckers)

If it does die i might sell a DEAD BIT for cheap for any one wanting the batt, motor, controler ect I’ll let you know how theoperationwent

Admin
      Participant

hey i got 3 extra bit bords and 3 crystals there 49mhx. you need ta be like me but um strip um and take um back 🙂 but if you want the bord for cheep gimme a holla the range with a stock con. is about 25-30 feet not bad

Admin
      Participant

if u do decide to seel it for spare parts then can i get the front 2 coils……its at the front where the magnet is drop mi a line if u do decide to sell it got_rice7@hotmail.com

Admin
      Participant

Well i fixed it sorry about ppl who wanted parts also got the spring suppention working happy as larry

im not a very confindent solder but i thoght i would at least try and it worked

a note when doing the spring suppention mod you need to cut teh springs in about half or it is too tight and the wheels dont turn at all but at least i can now controll my bit on varnished surfaceswith a 2.6

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by lancer_evo on 03November2002

hey i got 3 extra bit bords and 3 crystals there 49mhx. you need ta be like me but um strip um and take um back 🙂

THIEF!!

:smiley7:

z-beam
      Participant

i just found some awesome metalic blue paint to paint the springs. gonna try tonight painting some afx springs. lazboy what springs did u use and do you own a beamer?

Admin
      Participant

zbeam i used AFX spring but found them way tooo tight so i started to cut a little bit off the tops and soo on and soo on when they are about half the length of when you start they have very good turning makes a 2.6 handle on vanished sufaces (thank god) altrenitive you could just cut one spring in half to start with and then you could have more springs

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.