My Steering, grrrrrrrrr!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Guys, I have a real problem!!! My bit char g has stopped steering one way. I have opened up the car and the magnet has not come loose, all the wireing SEEMS to be in place although I am reasonably blind! Is this a comon problem that people have experienced. Please help me find a solution, I had the best car in the office untill now, grrrrrrrrr.🙁

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you re my only hope!

micro_Amps
      Participant

This kind of thing gets posted every now and then.
      Check to see you havent broken one of the tiny (hair like) wires that go from the circuit board to the steering coils. Lift the circuit board very gently and check in there. This will probably be the problem, you just have to find where the break is and re-attach it.
      Goodluck
      :)uA

Admin
      Participant

Yeah, I had a look and both the copper wires and the black power wires to the magnets seem to be attached at both ends. However as I said before I am sum what blind. I don’t know what to do. Someone please help.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope!

Admin
      Participant

Stop looking everyone, I think I have found the problem, it’s inside the controler not the car! Phew!, anyway I’ll open the controller and have a look, if anyone has any tips in regards to controllers please let me know.

micro_Amps
      Participant

One of the little ‘tactile’ switches night be shot. You can buy those in electronics stores and replace it.

Admin
      Participant

thanks, i guess i need a soldering iron to replace it??

ph2t
      Participant

Yes you will Nickos. A suitable replacement switch can be found at Jaycar Electronics (http://www.jaycar.com.au), product code SP-0601.

Cheers,

ph2t.

Prabbit
      Participant

Sometimes it’s not the switches on the circuit board. Sometimes the little studs that the plastic rocker switch pivots on breaks and allows you to push both left and right switches in at the same time. Check it out

-Peter

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.