My VDS MR02

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Hay guys,

Just thought I’d start a thread on my MR02 !!

I got this car from MINI-G and it was like new (still is!!)…

It is next on my list to completely hop up as I do with all my cars but as of yet I’ve only done a few minor mods…

Rear side shocks/spring
      Top shock/springs
      Toe rods on front
      Cambers on front
      Carbon fiber T plates
      B/B kit
      changed to mid mouint (was rear mount with yellow 360 GTC)

I have also put on an Atomic VDS (lola type) body with a wicked colour change paint job that I did !!! 😀

It’s hard to get good pix of the colour change but heres a few anyway… The paint looks dotty or
      orange peelly in the pix but I assure you it isn’t, it’s as smooth as a babys bum !!! it’s just got heap of
      metalic in it !!!

I’ll update this post as I do more to it ..

Let us know what you think !!!!

klims
      Participant

looks pretty sweet man.

hot much did the shell cost ya?

rcs2die4
      Participant

TA Buddy,

Umm, The shell was about $30-$40 But the paint cost me a #### load It comes in three cans (Matt Black, Colour change, and Clear) as a kit…. it’s automotive paint..

I got the shell from RCMart (DinBall) But I dont know if they have them as they dont seem to sell covers anymore !! (well I couldn’t find them anyway!)

But you can get them from the Atomic website or from Ebay US !!!

klims
      Participant

thats a reasonable price for the shell. looks like i would beat the hell out of it though 🙂

so how much is sh!t loads? i’ve asked for a price on a similar paint before but that was for a car. i think they called it a pearl or something. how many litres was the minimum buy?

rcs2die4
      Participant

The shells are quite strong but the front lip does cop a beating !!! but it’s fun driving up the butt of the car in front, they just go up and over you !!!! it makes for a good pass !!! hehehehe

Ummm I’ll look in the shed tomozza as I think I still have the box !!! The kit consists of three pressure cans but like I said it was up there in price considering it’s for just three cans of paint !!! I’ll get some details for you tomorrow sometime and post it up here !!!

kevsta
      Participant

Wow that looks pretty clean. Is it the V2 of the VDS? I’m surprised you haven’t moved to using disk dampers in the rear end yet. They’ve made my 02 handle much better than using the top shock/spring.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks bud, It’s the 1st version of the VDS !!! I wouldn’t mind getting the new one it looks a little sweeter I think !!!

Yeah I wont to know what works before I buy anything else for the 02 !!! I spent a mint on parts for my 1st 02 and it never works right !!!

betty.k
      Participant

@rcs2die4 225301 wrote:

I spent a mint on parts for my 1st 02 and it never works right !!!

bb’s, cambered knuckles, a properly adjusted ball diff (alow some slip), foam tyres on the rear and an oil damper will bring you up to competition level. :8ball:

rcs2die4
      Participant

ok, have all that, bar the oil damper !!! so kyosho oil shock !! and dont run a spring on it ? so it just dampens yeah ?

TallduDe
      Participant

get a kyosho ball diff.

they are the best out there.

i ran that with a oil shock handled great.

betty.k
      Participant

@rcs2die4 225307 wrote:

ok, have all that, bar the oil damper !!! so kyosho oil shock !! and dont run a spring on it ? so it just dampens yeah ?

correct.

i should say that this works for me and most others that try it.
      although i’m not sure about the clearance issues with the vds body, do you think the shock will fit under the body?

if not the disk damper may be what you need, most people speak favourably about them. :8ball:

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks guys !!! Yeah not to sure about clearance !! The standard shock only just fits so it may not !! but it wouldn’t bother me to cut a nice shaped hole matched to the shock for clearance !!! I’m use to this as I run LOLA body’s on my 1/10 car and have to cut holes for the Fuel lid and Motor !!

jimmy
      Participant

a bit out of topic can u put a vds body on a mr-01

rcs2die4
      Participant

Na, sorry man you cant !! The wheel base of an MR02 is longer

jimmy
      Participant

but i could run a Rony Lola Mini-Z Lexan Body because it has no wheel arches

rcs2die4
      Participant

yeah I spoz if it has no arches then it will work well !!

jimmy
      Participant

can to u swuch motor mounts from mr01 to 02 so can i buy a mm for a 01

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.