my “wanna z”. tha big reveal!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

so here she is, my heavily upgraded i waver!

it s easier to list the parts that are stock than the new stuff:

rx/servo
      motor pod
      wheels/tyres
      body
      um…… aerial!

and the rest is all new. a damn fine ride as is, but will be even better once i gets me some alloys and suspension sorted!:p here s the money shots

and i m working on the porche body i got. i ve decided to fill in all the panel lines and remove the mirrors and spoiler so it s just the basic shape. almost done, here s what i got so far

porcheprog.jpg

the pics are here http://www.geocities.com/bettyksprivatestash/iwaver.html?1085667955648:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

seeshit.jpg

In the flesh it looks better, half od those @!#$ parts are mine! lol…..

ph2t.

Tim
      Participant

Is it me or is it the server?
      I can’t see any of the pictures?
      I tried IE and Opera but no luck~

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

It’s interesting that people complain about the Mini-X being made of clear plastic, when it’s an option for the Z…

dgs73
      Participant

the clear Z chassis is brittle as… worse than the other coloured Z chassis’… and the mini-x chassis tends to look cheap, despite being a good(ish) micro 4wd. Does’nt look like it’d handle half the s**t i’ve put my Zs through… nice work however… how’s it stack up against the real deal? Have to annoy people if it left real Zs in a cloud of dust. But that’s the point, is’nt it??

betty.k
      Participant

clear plastic is genarally more brittle than black, but i needed a part and it looked cool! if i stick a blue led in it, it will be a 1:28 super perfection!!:D i’m yet to go head to head with a real z, but it’s equally as fast as ph2t’s mad force, just don’t take off the line as quick due to the differences in traction and torque.
      i’m not too fussed if it’s not as good as a real z, i knew iwaver was a cheap clone. all i want is for it to impress me! and it does!:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh a real Z will probly get killed… a twin turbo with a x speed will probly get owned by a fetted i waver with plasma dash heheheheheeheh and the i waver would have cost tons less

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve finished upgrading the chassis now to a point where i’m happy with the handling. as i suspected the rollshocks are fantastic, really help with conering. the whole thing weighs plenty more now justifying a better motor. so the stock parts now are the pcb and servo.:approve::8ball:

normal_completedchassis.jpg

z-beam
      Participant

it looks pretty awesome betty, how much did it set you back in total?

betty.k
      Participant

what price happiness?:D:8ball:

chino
      Participant

betty,nice i like it. nice Z

z-beam, cool bit galleries

betty.k
      Participant

hey chino, thanks man!:smiley2: i’ve seen your work and it’s very impressive! i like the way your brain works:8ball:

chino
      Participant

whoe…i jus red the thread again. its not a z? minizs have clones? i want one. do u know if they sell in the US. i guess ill try to search. is that an external fet board? how does it run stock? can u still change crystals? mah bad if im buggin with all tha questions

i love ur work too. ive seen ur off road bit. thas very cool. kindof like a tiny version of my off road xmod

betty.k
      Participant

yeah chino, it’s a clone called an i waver. toyeast sell them and ship worldwide.

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/prodlist.asp?catid=1193

as for performance and upgrades, they’re compatible with all mr01 parts. this is the official i waver site:

http://www.iwaver.com/

and the external turbo is a whoa nelly turbo from ph2t:8ball:

chino
      Participant

thnx betty

z-beam
      Participant

you got some nice shots yourself there chino! i like this pic the best!

th_track02.jpg
      http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/chino925/th_track02.jpg

your a wise man betty!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.