My ZZMT Thread

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Hey guys, I mentioned a Clint’s Articulation Modded ZZMT in another thread. Here is where I am up to with it…

Pretty much straight after I mentioned it in a post I started working on it. I followed all the steps in the bP article, subs***uted parts where I had to… I had already done the “4th Gear Mod” on this chassis, but had never been happy with it.

P5200039.jpg
      This is a pretty good pic, you can see the 4th gear, i think it might be spinning on a metal hairbrush tooth. The DODGY motor clips i bodged together out of damper baffles and Overland spacers… Picco-Z lipoly double-sided-taped to the driveshaft tube, and the front end that I THINK is stock, might be a second hand steering motor… Stock Overland wheel cut down, with a lego tyre on it, these would look PIMP on the ZZMT…

P5200042.jpg
      Shows the body I half intend to use. Not really feeling it at the moment, would LOVE to find some sort of cool buggy/rock crawler type body for it but that is still a ways off…

Just need to sort out electronics and charging and she should be right to go. I have an original 27MHz ZZMT board, but I have lost the controller… I have an iW02 board kicking around, but it is just too much work at the moment…
      On the charging front, anyone know how a Picco-Z charger works, can I just charge this lipo like a Char-G cell? Or use an old phone charger? Or do I NEED to invest in a 1-cell charger?

Comments appreciated guys!

blurrc
      Participant

Wow that is some sweet ZZ you have got there. 🙂

I was just wondering what that box in the background of the first picture was?

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

HAHA! It is a “Cool Pepole” Mini 4WD toy I picked up at the local discount shop in town. It is a Porsche knock off, I’ll get some shots of it in the morning… It’s not much chop, I just bought it to try the motor in my Overland…

blurrc
      Participant

Oh ok lol. I remember I bought three of the knock off mini 4wd toys from crazy clarks many years ago for $2 a piece 🙂 but all of them failed to work/destroy themselves.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

P5210064.jpg

P5210065.jpg

If anyone is after the shell it is just sitting here, I’m open to trades, or not 😀

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.