Need Help, Trash?? Anyone??

Home Forums General Chat Need Help, Trash?? Anyone??

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hey,

My konami digi-q tiger tank is dead.

It will not charge, and even when i attempted to charge it when i disassembled it, the battery took in the charge no problems, but the pcb in the tank is dead.

I am totally SPEWING about this as it cost me $110 for each of my tanks, and these tanks are only fun in pairs…

I’ve checked for any evident damage to the PCB, but no luck.

Can anybody help me out?? Thanks.

P.S. I posted this message in this section as nobody goes in the digi-q section.

trash
      Participant

sorry, I haven’t had the chance to login lately.

Umm.. got to get my brains out of the jar I’ve been keeping them in the past week…
      ummm…. I’m just considering the option of pulling my tank apart to see what is inside.
      Do you have a close up photo of the PCB ? that might be the place to start.

trash
      Participant

email me trash0@hotmail.com just in case I I’m busy over the next few days.

Edited by – trash on 24 August 2004 23:23:11

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I cant get close ups, cause my canon A75 does horrific macro shots.

To take the PCB out, you have to desolder the charging pads….

trash
      Participant

ummm…. ok, time to try some silly idea’s.

stand back and try a zoom shot, or have somebody hold a magnefying glass for a shot.

looks like I’m going to have to get mine open.
      Got any pointers for me ?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Um, don’t lose anything, it’s pretty straight forward, but the PCB is soldered to the charging tabs….

z-beam
      Participant

Danger! danger will robinson!

trash
      Participant

just popped mine open…
      ok, I guess we do this logically. The batteries, should charge up and not really be in any part of the circuit to the tank.
      If you charge the batteries up independantly, the tank works yes ?

This means, bot the batteries are fine and the tank circuit is basically ok.

When the tank is not ON, it should have the battery switch across the contacts. So lets check that it is actually getting power to the tank.
      do you get a voltage on the solder pads on the board from the charging pads, when it is on the charger ?

If yes, then I suspect it is the switch itself is dicky or the PCB, in particular the plated through hole where the triangle and RU symbol is.

Check for the charging voltage at the hole and the switch itself.

That’s got to be a start.
      I took a picture, but I can’t seem to find any file attachment here ? doh !

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The battery voltage is fine, but the charging pads have no voltage on them….

I’ll look more intoit

trash
      Participant

Hmmmm…. sounds like the tank should be ok then ?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

nope, when the battery is charged, and you switch it on, the LED doesnt flash..

betty.k
      Participant

maybe the switch itself is history?:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

could it be the chargin curcuit in the controller?? im sure it wont be to hard to get a new battery if thats wats blown.. if u have a pair try swapping the Id for the other controller and using that?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Merc read my god damn posts…..

I have tried swapping ROM chips, and the battery takes charge from an external source directly through the battery wires, but the charging pads show 0v on them…and the tank shows no sign of hoping to operate either…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.