need some brushless help

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

Hey guys,

finally got my brushless MR02 up and running yesterday. took me AGES to get it all squashed into that tiny little package. lucky i took the day off work lol 🙂

so here it is.
      [ATTACH]392[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]393[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]394[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]395[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]396[/ATTACH]
      gotta love the booty shot

i know its not clear, but if you look closely you can see the capacitors i hooked up squeezed into the crystal slot. pretty smart i thought 🙂

sorry for the poor quality photos. had to take them on my phone.

so here comes the questions

1. when i fired it up for its first run i noticed that the speed controller was not very responsive. this could have something to do with the fact that its a cheap tower pro 12A ESC, but i’m not sure because i have never used brushless before. can anyone help? what can i do to get more throttle response? its fkn shithouse!!!

2.i don’t have reverse! are there ESC’s specifically for RC cars?

and another lesson learned… don’t trust chinese specs! the ESC is supposed to be able to run 4 cells. LIARS!!!!

klims
      Participant

took it out for its first spin today… what a joke! absolutely annihilated my autoscale shell. there has to be a difference between the airplane and car ESC’s. as soon as i pulled the trigger i figured this out. it was sporadic at best. sometimes it would kick in, other times it wouldn’t. it would just give a couple little kicks then die. but when it did kick in watch out. it absolutely launched!!! throttle control was hopeless to the point of non existent. so here are a few lessons i learned.

1. don’t test a car with a shell you would like to keep.

2. don’t skimp when buying electronics or it will just end up costing you more. probably gonna have to get the mamba-25 in the end anyway.

Andrew.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

I’ve only run brushless in planes, and no throttle delay there.. using 8 – 12 cells though.

most (even cheap) ESCs have many programmable features you can turn on/off, reverse may be one of them. Have a good read of any instructions included, although the Engrish can sometimes be more confusing!

Good luck!

klims
      Participant

haha yeah. unfortunately the cheapo i bought comes auto-everything so nothing is programmable! fkn useless!!!

any other tips would be most appreciated

Andrew.

leonli17
      Participant

Get a hammer and smash it 😉
      Nah…um…that happend to my 1/10 ESC a while back. Sometimes it’s due to the auto-setup not workin.
      Few things i would try:
      -different motor
      -different batts, eg: 4x AAAs.

klims
      Participant

haha yeah its tempting atm.

tried all of those things. did exactly the same thing on my fiegao 12mm brushless. made exactly the same noise/stall as the larger motor.

thanks for the help mate. looks like i will just have to bite the bullet and get a mamba 25 since it worked for ph2t. found one cheap! check this page out. free international shipping till tomorrow and 5% off!!!
      http://www.b-p-p.com/categories.php

Z-Nagual
      Participant

Yeah mate get a car “specific” esc… I once had a plane esc on a car i made …. it had no reverse and also… yeah the response was funny as well … plane esc’s dont have to deal with as much Torque and stuff, just wind resistance really.
      But not all car esc’s have reverse either … make sure it is specified in the features of the product. An esc that only goes one way can be pretty hardcore because the current only has to go one way…. so it can really be streamlined.
      The mamba would be rad….. but theres way more hardcore ones than that.
      Realistically though…. the mamba is tried and tested. If you can afford then get one.

klims
      Participant

sweet as mate. thanks for the help guys

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.