new energizer nimh – made in china!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i noticed my supermarket had restocked the energizer nimh AAA s.:p

so i get them home and open them up and they re different to the set i got off jamie a while back. the most important difference is they re made in china unlike the old ones that were made in japan. and the newer ones don t kick like the old ones. i realise that batteries take a number of cycles before they re fully primed but these still won t perform like the old ones.

an obvious visual difference is the older ones have a silver black green colour scheme. the new ones are chrome black green.

these new energizers perform better than my powertech nimh though. but i think i m finally sold on the japanese battery. ph2t can confirm that i get a noticeable increase in torque with the jap batts over chinese made ones.:8ball:

Batman
      Participant

Yeh my first set of batteries had two 750s from japan and two 750s from china.
      The 850s are from china too.

icebreaka
      Participant

what major brands are japanese?

sanyo?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn, looks like energizer gave in to market pressure….I dearly loved those energizer 750 AAA’s, they had fantastic performance.

betty.k
      Participant

i’m assuming that these sell for the same price as the old ones ($11 for 2). whatta rip!:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, the performance is even more noticeable in the xmod where raw torque contributes the most to performance.

those powertechs are shit, the GP’s from rcmart are much better than those……

bithead can score batteries, good ones too….. Check out his “look at this shit I’ve scored off the back of a truck” thread…..

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve run these through about 8 cycles now and they’re starting to impress me!:) still not quite as punchy as the jap ones but still worth having. powertech nimh suck balls!:dead::8ball:

icebreaka
      Participant

damn the majority of my batts are powertech.. .. don’t really notice any differences between any of my sets though.. but that may be because i just run a stock motor :clown:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant
      Quote:
      those powertechs are shit, the GP’s from rcmart are much better than those……

Does this go for AA’s as well?

PandaBear
      Participant

No the 2300 AAs are still Japan (Sanyo).

Over the past 60 days I’ve been going around collecting various 2100/2300 rebranded Sanyos. So far have got Fuji, Sony silver/orange, Sony blue/orange & Energizers.

Got some Made-in-Japan Panasonic 2100s too, but they don’t look Sanyo.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Sorry panda, I meant are the powertech AA’s (2000mAh) crap? I am running them in my (now almost undrivable) VMG, it absolutly flies, but those powertechs are getting MIGHTY hot, hotter than the motor, and significantly hotter than the FET’s. Is it an upgrade to Energizers, and is it worth doing?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

hell yeah energizers rule….

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Sorry panda, I meant are the powertech AA’s (2000mAh) crap? I am running them in my (now almost undrivable) VMG, it absolutly flies, but those powertechs are getting MIGHTY hot, hotter than the motor, and significantly hotter than the FET’s. Is it an upgrade to Energizers, and is it worth doing?

sorry can’t help – I only ever bought Energizer 750s.

Hot batteries means their internal resistance is high.
      IR differs between manufacturers & battery design.

z-beam
      Participant

i bought a set of the aaa energizer 850’s thinking they would be sh!t hot. and indeed they did get rally hot! i have a peak charger and the first charge was finished in about 30seconds… it took a couple of times of switching the charger off and back on again untill the batts where fully charged up.

the packet said something about “new technology” “no cell memory” but for them to only charge so little says to me they indeed had a memory.

they sure have lasted a looong time. not so punchy but the power definatly just keeps on coming.

hows your set going betty?

also i reccomend kodak 750mah nimhs.

betty.k
      Participant

mine are still going, they don’t have the punch of a jap batt but they kick way better than powertech’s:8ball:

mini-g
      Participant

the no memory thing(i know about that:D) is just a ni-mh thing… they are all like that now.

personally i have not tried the energizer’s yet. been running mitsubishi 750’s (4 for $12) and they have great punch and run time.

hey z-beam, what were you charging them at??? what mili-amp??? i do mine at 0.6 amp takes about 1hour 30 mins to charge from empty.

BIG DAVE

ph2t
      Participant

I’m waiting on some 650mAh KAN’s to arrive. Meant’ to be pretty good. Up to 10C discharge rates….

ph2t.

z-beam
      Participant

havent got the charger on me right now, its packed up in the car but it takes an hour to charge them up.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.