New FireLap 02 TX help needed ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Hay All,

A mate of mine just got one of the new FL02’s (the one with the flat bottom chassis !!) with the new version of there TX !!!

He got the kit mainly for the TX but to also try the new chassis design.

The chassis “seems” fine, more on that later, but the TX seems to have an issue but im not to sure as I’ve never use either of the Iwaver “computer” TX’s !!!

He wanted the TX so he could try out the brake/ABS function, and have brakes on he’s MR01 but it doesn’t work how I think it should !!!

If your driving and then push the trigger to brake/reverse it only seems to grab the brake once (not pulse) then the car just rolls on… It has 4 setting for the ABS function ” off / slow / normal / fast ” SLOW, grabs once just a little but, not really enough because of the single pulse, NORMAL and FAST Grab once but much harder and this causes the wheels to lock up and of cause spin the car out even if your in a straight line!!!!

My thoughts are that the ABS function should pulse the reverse multable times just enough to slow the car and not make the motor actually spin backwards ?? The slow setting would be great if the ABS pulsed as ABS should !! My thoughts on this are because on my MARS 1 tx and my MR01 I can setup ABS to pulse the reverse and then minimize the reverse EPA so that it just slows the motor down with short pulses. This works better then my MR02 brakes do when i use it with the standard KT-5 TX… Of cause the MR02 with MARS 1 ABS is an awesome combo !!!

Can anyone that has used this TX or there older one, shed some light on this and tell me if they only pulse once or if they muti pulse and this TX is stuffed ???

Also, Some times it doesn’t grab at all, it just go’s in reverse !! This happens more if you have the function set to Fast…

Let us know, L8R

betty.k
      Participant

unfortunately the “abs” feature on the iwII tx is a load of hooey!:smiley13:
      it never worked on either of the 2 i had, just grabbed once like you described.:8ball:

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks Betty.K !!

That sux then hay !!! Looks like the whole things been a waste of money then cause the car seems to be the worst IW ever !!! VERY poor quality of parts and very fragile !!!

This is the first time I’ve ever dist an IWaver !!! I like doing little things to my cars to help them perform and my first 1/28th was an LXX (before they were IWaver) and all of the issues it had were fixable !!! This was the car that got me into this scale and now I dont use anyother scale RC car !!!

AnyWay, More on the chassis L8R if we can sort it out.

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, iwavers can be kinda fragile.
      but it’s not such a bad thing, it forces you to explore your car and understand how it ticks.
      i wouldn’t know as much as i do if i’d just bought the good stuff first!

the tx is still good though, i’d be lost without e.p.a and multiple model memory!
      you can setup a brake using the iw tx but it means you lose reverse.
      just set the epa adjustment for reverse so it’s only just engaged at full throw of the trigger. voila! poor man’s brake!:smiley8: :8ball:

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks Betty.k….. This is want we’ve done to the TX and yeah it works well.. but still a let down on ABS !!! and yes the multi memory and epa is a sweet thing for him and he is happy with the TX on his Kyosho MR01…

The car itself is still being looked at !!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.