Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant
      betty.k
      Participant

hmmm, i dunno. looks like it crapped it’s nappy!big.gif8ball.gif

Keymaster

Got one in stock now. It’s a very long looking body but overall not a bad thing. Got the TE Enzos coming too.

The MR02 GT40 body is very sexy though 🙂 There’s no doubts about that one!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

It would be a nice stable shell for turbo mini z’s
      but not mine,
      I want a Massarati for my Z if iWaver ever make 1, Saw 1 in a GT series on Fox recently Running against that S7 Saleen, Ferrari 360 and 575 gt’s, TVR tuscans and Aston Marton DB7’s and my old fav the CR5 Corvette. No Japs here.

They all looked so good racing together…

Edited by – peteWah on 08 December 2005 14:22:02

z-beam
      Participant

its not in the shop Aaron! how much for the saleen?

Keymaster

Yeah I’ve got about 50 new items in a carton waiting to be photographed and put up in the shop. The S7 will be in the same price bracket as the other iWaver shells. Hopefully I’ll get them up this weekend.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Saleens are now in the Shop..

--
      Site Owner Guy.

steelwoolghandi
      Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6028695883&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I picked up an IW02 here in the states now it looks like I will have to do some shoping here to trick it out! Buying a lot of parts at one time should make the freight cost worth it! 😀

Dogbreath Racing
      Participant

Through a series of cryptic messages, and a couple of black ops covert operations with a Canadian contact of mine, codename: Machine, I was able to get my hands on a couple of these amazing Iwaver bodies.

Several things I observed need some attention, thus this review. (theres pics at the end of this)

The body, made by Iwaver is designed to fit the IW02 and Kyosho MR02 98mm midmount (MM) chassis.
      On the Iwaver chassis it is a direct fit, but not so on the Kyosho MR02 chassis. The problem, and a very small problem at that, is that the Iwaver uses rear wheels with a -1 offset. So when mounted on the Kyosho chassis with 0 offset rear wheels, the tires sit right at the fender edge. This can hamper rear suspension movement, and can even scrub the tires resulting in lower speeds and added battery drain. The fix is very simple, you can either enlarge the rear fender slightly with a dremel to allow suspension movement….or….buy a set of -1 offset wheels (my preffered solution). The fronts fit well with 0 offset wheels which come with either the Iwaver or Kyosho cars.
      What I actually did was to order a set of Tocad five spoke alloys with -.5 fronts (Just to tuck them in a hair more…I hate broken front end parts from smackin’ the wall) and -1 rears, these should fit perfect. Atomic also makes the disc wheels in various offsets, a set of these in the proper offset would also look good, especially in chrome.

The second thing I noticed is that the body is molded in one piece, there is no seperate body and glass panel. The whole thing is molded in a smokey gray plastic, then the body color, trim, and details are painted on the outside. This body also features several vents and scoops that are molded clear through the body allowing alot of airflow through the body, this would normally make a weak point in the body, but after my test runs so far this hasn’t been a problem. The body hugs the chassis tighter than any other body I have ever seen. It is low and snug and knocking this body off or loose will NOT be a problem. This snug fit plus the one piece construction makes the body very rigid and it doesn’t have that clunky sound some Kyosho bodies have when you hit the wall or another car. These sound solid. The paint is pretty good though not as shiney as the Kyosho Autoscale bodies, the detail is good, but they could have done better than plain clear headlights (you can look right through them at the front wheels, but this may easily be fixed with either headlight decals or simply painting the inside of the headlight silver or white)

With the body as low as it is there is some rear damper fitment problems underneath. You can run a disc damper by itself, but not with a stock or alloy main damper in conjunction. You may also be able to run a stock or alloy main damper by itself but I have not test fitted that configuration yet. Removing the main damper and running just the disc system didn’t change the handling much so I am pretty happy with it the way it is.

The mirrors are mounted high on the body and don’t protrude from the sides so they are going to last a bit longer than the mirrors on some other bodies.

This Saleen S7 body also has a nice rounded front end (which I really like) that slides off the walls. Theres no sharp edges that might snag the walls and spin you out. This body is much more likely to glance off and keep going. That plus the balance of this body makes it stable and very very drivable.

Only hours on the track will tell for sure, but I think I just found a new “Favorite” race body. When I get the wheels here and get the car repainted I will post some new pics, but for now you are stuck with ‘Stock” images.

dcao72065vs.jpg
      Though a bit to dark for me to race, it is very scale and well detailed, like the real one. This one is mounted with IW narrow fronts and semi-wide rear wheels. Seven spoke wheels seem to be the wheels of choice on most of the real S7’s I have seen.
      saleens748ym.jpg
      It may have to get repainted to a race theme before it sees much track time.
      Man, I want one of the real ones!!!!

These bodies are available on-line and this DOG recommends them!
      5stars1qi.jpg

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.