new mod idea

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hi, all BCG fans~
      is anyone out there also a Gundam mad ?

10_01.jpg

i have a 5-inch walking Zaku-II (microbot series)
      and i’m already tired of its short walking range powered by the internal capacitor….
      i’m now thinking of integrating the BCG with microbot, like making use of the BCG battery,
      and lighting the head LED with the action button (sounds cool, eh !? ; )
      but i’m still not sure what can be the BCG turnning parts used for….

any comments or suggestion on this mod ?

pls forgive my poor english : )

Edited by – nsx on 20 January 2003 17:09:47

Brett
      Participant

Sorry NSX I can’t help you. your robot looks great though.

Crom
      Participant

Hi nsx,

How does the robot walk? Does it have rollers on the bottom of the feet and just skates along? or do the knees bend and lift with every step?

Also is it remote controlled? Or does it just keep moving forward?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Hi nsx,

How does the robot walk? Does it have rollers on the bottom of the feet and just skates along? or do the knees bend and lift with every step?

Also is it remote controlled? Or does it just keep moving forward?

Hi, Crom,

it doesn’t have rollers on the feet
      instead, there’re soft plastics to increase the friction,
      so that it can walk step by step !

the grey box on the right is actually a charger with 2 AA size battery inside (i think it can be reused to charge up the BCG battery)

the microrobot walks in the forward direction only, but if i apply a reverse current from the BCG receiver, the motor should spin backward, right !?

anyways, thx for ur reply : )

Impreza
      Participant

Maybe you could use a boster controller and two motors like the wild char-g have? So you could have more functions for your robot. Looks like you may have alot of work ahead of you:)

Impreza :smiley16:

Crom
      Participant

Hrmm… Reverse current should spin the motor backward, but because the robot is designed to walk forward, spinning the motor backward does not necessarily mean that the robot will walk backwards…

Is there any info on the web about these things? What is it actually called?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Maybe you could use a boster controller and two motors like the wild char-g have? So you could have more functions for your robot. Looks like you may have alot of work ahead of you:)

hi, Impreza,

the idea sounds great~
      but i haven’t got the $$$ to buy that expensive model yet…
      here is the best photo showing the internal parts that i can find so far, and i heard that it uses rear steering by supplying higher power to one of the wheels (actually how can it be done ???)
      anyone kind enough to tell me more about this new bit ?

Wild%20Char-G.jpg

btw, is there any new feature (i mean the chasis and circuit) in these new truck bits ?

charg_08.jpg cheis.gif

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Hrmm… Reverse current should spin the motor backward, but because the robot is designed to walk forward, spinning the motor backward does not necessarily mean that the robot will walk backwards…

Is there any info on the web about these things? What is it actually called?

i’ve tried to force it walk backward while the capacitor is still being charging up ; )

the story of the microbot series starts here:

Bandai first released their limited edition R/C Zaku-II in the Gundam Exhibition
      it’s about 1M tall, it has a camera on its head and a LCD on the remote controller (click here for the video)
      more interesting, it was sold out within that expo in the price of over US$1000 !

for pleasing the Gundam fans, Bandai released the 100mm microbots (http://matrixcollectibles.site.yahoo.net/microbotseries.html)
      of course…. it walks only, and the web cam was replaced by an LED….

i know it’s a bit off topic… but this really inspired me on constructing the first BitChar-Z (“Z” for Zaku : )
      the BitChar-Plane is also from impossible to possible, right !?

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks for the pic nsx, I have not seen the inside of the wildchar-g before:), looks like alot of gears involved. Just looked at some of the plane footage…amazing:)

Edited by – Impreza on 15 January 2003 17:23:22

ms char-ged
      Participant

wow, join the club nsx, i’m gundam mad, i’ve seen everything, zig zeon

Crom
      Participant

Oh, I saw something on the web about the 1m tall Zaku-II. It shoots bb pellets as well right?

I haven’t actually heard about the smaller ones before. But if the robot can walk backwards with reverse current and you are able to squeeze the control board from the BCG into the body, the the robot can walk fowards and back as well…

For steering, If the coils can be fitted into the body a long with a metal weight or a magnetic weight (like a pendulum or something) Set the coils up vertical to the ground, and hang the weight between them, by activating the coils, the weight would move to one side, and if this changes the balance enough, the robot would probably start moving towards that side. (Maybe)

I’m personally not gundam mad, but Macross mad… *lol* I wish you luck in constructing a BCZ

The impossible just takes a little longer.

Lazboy
      Participant

Looks liek you have a bit of work on ya hands well good luck to making it happen

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Oh, I saw something on the web about the 1m tall Zaku-II. It shoots bb pellets as well right?

yes, u can remote control it to shoot your cat/dog when it try to bites your BCG 😀

Quote:
      For steering, If the coils can be fitted into the body a long with a metal weight or a magnetic weight (like a pendulum or something) Set the coils up vertical to the ground, and hang the weight between them, by activating the coils, the weight would move to one side, and if this changes the balance enough, the robot would probably start moving towards that side. (Maybe)

thanks for your idea, it’s great~

now, i’m thinking of connecting a second motor to the steering part, so that it can be used to rotate the head or one of the arm
      but i’m not sure whether the voltage/current is large enough :question:

z-beam
      Participant

gandam bcg? transformer bcg is what i want to see! nsx how fast does it walk?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.