new pinion

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

heres a way to get about a 20 tooth pinion or more from your mini z.

you need a tamiya mini4wd car “well just the gears from it”

you take the gear “blue it the 20 tooth” the gear with the long shaft and 2 sets of teeth “kinda looks like a 2 speed pinion” and you just put it on your motor. you will need to make a new motor clip and a thick spacer for to get the mesh right.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yes lets all over gear our motors and burn the hell outta them, and have not enough torque to poke a stick at!

VR-4
      Participant

thats whare your wrong i run ether a handwound nml or a plasma dash and with a 20 tooth and i still got power and abunch of extra speed.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I bet ya it doesnt last nearly as long.

VR-4
      Participant

so its faster thats all that matters

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

There is a fine line between overpowered and perfectly set up, I like my cars to have a good balance of speed, acceleration, handling and balance.

Thats fine though, ur a typical American.

VR-4
      Participant

well my car “useing foams” can take off like a bat outta hell and take the turns pretty good only problem is you gotta use a solid suspension plate becouse the tork from the motor just snaps the stock plates lmao.

what can i say im american i dont understand “over powering”

GT-ahh
      Participant

if you really wanted to be helpful vr4 you could post the correct thickness for a sweet mesh…

VR-4
      Participant

i gotta buy a new micromiter i spilled pop on mine and broke it. should have 1 either today or tomorrow

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Are your foams glued on?? Cause my GPM 10 degree soft tyres fall off when they hit about 40km/h or 25mp/h.

Often wider tyres can be a problem, something to do with downforce vs tire contact area.

VR-4
      Participant

i used some shoe goo ta glue them on then i trued them.

get some mini 4wd reson tires they grip so good but you need 2 packs becouse 2 are wide and 2 are narrow

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.