NEW plasmatomic motor tutorial……

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Make your own 40MPH+ motor for under $25USD.

http://www.woahnelly.com/plasmatomic/index.htm

Enjoy!

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 02 March 2005 11:30:03

Participant

very good tutorial. when i have some spare cash, im gonna try it.

Participant

What happened with tose ball bearing plasma cans I did for you?? Just curious…

Participant

I used them, the bearing popped out on one, lol…

I ve put a few prebuilt and broken in plasmatomics on the bay, check it out here.

http://search.ebay.com.au/plasmatomic

cheers,

ph2t.

Participant

Excellent read ph2t….the need for speed drives some of us to very interesting discoveries. I also fiddled with a FA 130 motor that came with the TYCO CROSSFIRE, I should add also that the performance sphere I m talking about is in no way comparable to what you geeza’s get up to, however much was learnt. The ‘out of box’ car would wobble it’s way up to a pathetic 6km/h and was immediately junked but the two motors,pcb and shell were retained. After much work a more acceptable vehicle was produced (centrifigal clutch steering is one of it’s virtues) however the motor mods may interest some of you…with 2.4volts and 8to1 reduction it’s on road speed went up to 7.5km/h (were talkin’ crap car speed here) and run time of 40 minutes. The motor’s origin is unknown but probably one of Kowloons finest and would run at a steady 11500/12000 rpm but was unusual in that it is fitted with carbon brush gear and not the copper fingers. A new end casing was made up that allowed the brushes to be advanced from 0 to 30 degrees, also mounting the said brush gear on an adjustable slide enable’s one to raise or lower the contact point on the armature to ensure that they are truly at 180 degrees to each other and finally two eccentrics were squeezed in so that brush pressure could be varied.

This bumped motor speed up to 15000 in forward and 13500 in reverse, acceptable results

I guess with such a plain motor but the big jump came when the car was run on 3.6 volts with 3 AAA’s,motor speed increased to 21000 and on road speedwas lifted to 14.8 km/hwhich is about all an old guy like me can handle…the drawback with this pattern of motor is having one brush leading and one trailing as they both should be trailing.

Participant

…the drawback with this pattern of motor is having one brush leading and one trailing as they both should be trailing.

You hit the nail right on the head with this statement toyo. I ‘m actually trying to do this at the moment with the endbell/brushes setup on the atomic can. The goal is then that the motor has both brushes trailing when in the fwd direction. This would decrease futher brush friction and hopefully be a physically evident performance boost.

cheers,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 10 May 2005 00:04:30

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.