New Player

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hello Guys, i hope someone can help me.Im new to this whole micro r/c game. I want to start my collection with a Compact Char G. Do these models difer from the Bit Char G models, if so, how? What model should i go for and does anyone have any tips on starting out?

Admin
      Participant

Hi Toretto.

To avoid confusion, heres a breakdown of what Bit is what!

‘Tomy Bit Char-G’

These are the ‘real deal’! The originals. Only available in Japan (or import shops).

Uppers: Bigger selection of models/cars to choose from. There are currently 24 models.

Downers: You will need to import these or find a local shop/auction that has done the importing part for you. I believe AusMicro actually sell them. Drop Aaron or Derek and e-mail or PM.

‘Tomy Compact Char-G’

These are exactly the same as ‘Tomy Bit Char-G’ just the Oz/UK/Eur(?) release. I beleive they changed the title becasue in Japan ‘Bit’ is a hobby – a big thing, here it is not known. So they changed it to ‘Compact’ which best describes them I guess! They are exactly the same, only difference is the frequencies.

Uppers: You can get them in your local Toys ‘R’ Us. Another being the frequency differs from the ones sold in Japan, thus meaning you can race more then 4. Lastly,parts are100% compatible with their Japanese counterparts.

Downers: Limited selection to chose from. Only 2 models.

‘Micro Sizers’

These are Americas version of the Bit Char-G. I’m not too clued up on these – I’m not even sure if Tomy make them!? I’m sure somebody else will fill you in.

‘LXX Char-G’

These are whats known as ‘OEM’. They are basically identical to the above two but they are not made by ‘Tomy’. They are generally a lot cheaper then the above two as they cost a lot less to construct. They produce their own components/parts at a lower cost – thus resulting in the lower price tag. This is just one type of ‘OEM’ (more below) and I’ve mentioned it because its the only ‘OEM’ worth geting.

Uppers: Low price tag. Frequency of ‘OEM’ cars may vary to the ‘Tomy’ ones meaning you can race more then four cars!

Downers: In general, ‘OEM’s use lower quality parts which may/can result in shoddy build quality. Like I said above, the LXX shouldn’t suffer from those afflcitions as they are good quality ‘OEM’s.

‘Other OEM’

Basically these are any others that do not have ‘Tomy’ written on the box and are priced noticeably lower then the real-deal. ‘OEM’s include:

• China Island Bullet – Not a bad OEM, not as good as LXX.
      • Leyu Thunder Bit Char-A – Again, on par with the Bullet.
      • Leyu Bullet – Same as above.
      • Leyu Treasure – Same as above. Comes with neat controller!
      • Leyu Light-up – Same as above. Comes with lights.
      • ST Bit Char-G Bullet GP – A motorbike! Don’t get too excited, they are truly awful!
      • Huale Mini Racing Car – Make Ferraris. Again, don’t get too excited!
      • Smartland Cubic – My worst OEM experience! These things are nasty! Steer clear.
      • [/list]

There are others floating around but they’re all pretty much the same. Some have slight advantages over others.

Uppers: Cheap. Easy to find. Can be good value for money. Good for varying frequencies. Good for parts/mods.

Downers: Inferior. Prone to faults. Some dodgy places charge OTT prices making out they are the real Tomy ones – be careful. Can’t think of much more…

Hope this helps!? :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

Microsizers are made by TOMY and they’re the american version of the bit… There are only 2 frequencies 27mhz and 49mhz and about 4 styles available.

silla

mcgee.
      Participant

Hey Chris, that was a mighty good breakdown. Thanks.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by payaso on 19October2002

Microsizers are made by TOMY and they’re the american version of the bit… There are only 2 frequencies 27mhz and 49mhz and about 4 styles available.

There you go! Told you someone else would fill that bit in :smiley2:

Thanks Payaso, I thought they were Tomy but wasn’t positive. Cheers.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by mcgee. on 19October2002

Hey Chris, that was a mighty good breakdown. Thanks.

No problem. I know how confusing it can be – and I also know people get ripped off by some scrupulus sellers trying to flog OEM at Bit Char-G prices plus some.

Now why have I not put that information on my site…duh!

Admin
      Participant

Damn Chris, a big thankyou for your detailed explanation, really helped me out, one more question, can you install working headlights on every model?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by TORETTO on 19October2002

Damn Chris, a big thankyou for your detailed explanation, really helped me out, one more question, can you install working headlights on every model?

Of course. Its easy to do yourself. All you need are some LED, wire and a Lithium battery. Click here for more details. Also, check out their main site for tons more mods by clicking here.

Or if your lazy, like me, hehe, or want a professional looking result (and I’m not exagerating – this guy is sh*t hot with a precision soldering iron!) then check out Mikes Mods. This guy is amazing! You should see some of the stuff hes made. The ‘Ultimate Light Mod’ is the must have IMO. Anyway, have a broswe.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks Chris, you really did your research. Toretto, you can see most of the best of the rest on http://www.toyeast.com. There are a few other OEM’s there as well, I didn’t know there were sooo many??? Another player here in NA only??? is the zip zaps, they are slightly larger then the bits and only some of there parts are interchangable?? They go for $20 USD. Chrisis the China Island Bullet the same as the Bensu Bullet??

Cheers,

I have not ordered anything from toyeast personally so I don’t know how they handle orders etc.

Impreza
      Participant

Oh yeah, I think the microsizers nowhave six avalible models, still only 2 freq’s. Celica, Impreza, Lancer, Bb, S2000, Rx7. I saw them at Target (not all six models… no Toyota’s) for $30 USD.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Impreza on 03November2002

Chrisis the China Island Bullet the same as the Bensu Bullet??

Yeah it is the same.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.