new products from atomic

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

bought some interesting new stuff for my mr02 recently and thought i’d share.

first up is the f.r.p.t. plate. it’s basically a tough plastic hplate with interchangeable springs (roll bars) that mount in the hplate to tune the stiffness.

in use it’s excellent, i got the hard one with the hard spring installed. gives just the right amount of up/down spring and is nice an firm in cornering.

this should replace every rear spring you’ll ever see. 😮

frp.jpg

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=144_21_149_467&PHPSESSID=e51981ed9db1bbc015a7728173bdf22c

next up is rims. i’ve always wanted dish rims for my z but didn’t want to shell out for those topcads. and you never know what the offsets are from the pics.

but atomic got a full range of dish rims in black or white, front or rear (narrow or wide) and in every offset you could want.

they’re much thicker than any other plastic rim i’ve seen, really solid. especially where it counts, around the inside bb recess. and they spin really true.

i think they look cool too! 😮

macrims%7E0.jpg

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=144_21_69_1538ball.gif

z-beam
      Participant

nice rims betty! where they cheap?

dgs73
      Participant

how do they compare to standard rims, weight wise? Or alloys? They look to be heavier than standard. That H plate is clever though…

betty.k
      Participant

they’re way cheap, click that link i provided for the rcmart pricesapprove.gif

weight difference is barely worth mentioning. following figures refer to narrow rims:

kyosho = 1.05g

iwaver = 1.04g

xmod alloy = 1.77g

atomic = 1.07g

as you can see, the difference is barely there. you certainly don’t notice it it use8ball.gif

betty.k
      Participant
      ken_wyleung
      Participant

It’s lookvery nice.big.gif

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.