new q-steers

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

i came across this link by accident, apperently theres a new batch of q-steers called choro-q hybrid. they have a bunch of gimmicks that attach to the cars which seem pretty stupid, and a slot car track system.
      they have also done away with the batteries in favour of a charging system, if its anything like the robo-q’s magnetic attaching style it should be great. hopefully lipos will be in em also.

contach and murcielago look prett hot as well.

i cant understand how they are getting them to spin, anyone got a clue?

heres the link: http://robot.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090717_303272.html

some of the pics link to videos.

blurrc
      Participant

OMG I am in love… lol what the hell is going on with these things? It is amazing how much faster they are… but I really want to know some more about them, they are just darn confusing. What was the deal with the automatic turning reverse button? do you think that is how they were geting them to spin?

z-beam
      Participant

all the gimmicks attach to the cars. seems each car comes with one gimmick. the ball tyres look absolutely stupid.
      the crazy flipping they are doing i dont get, are they trying to show it does tricks?

i want a pair for sure, (2 lambos thanks!) but im a little dissapointed they went for gimmicks rather than decent performance.

z-beam
      Participant

i found a translator to work on the text… 2000 yen ($20-25) for a qsteer eqiupped with a LIPO!!!

here it is :

It TAKARATOMI, the world’s smallest bipedal robot was “i-SOBOT” and Toys microbot “ROBO-Q”, the manufacturer has focused on Toy Robot series this year, unfortunately Toys New Products with the robot system was in place. The emphasis was instead, the next generation Choro Q “Choro Q hybrid.”

Choro Q But, like I would from 30 to late 40’s generation, PURUBAKKUMOTA (fiddlehead fern) will remember that pretty well as a miniature cars race around in, Choro Q to be born this year will be a 30 anniversary said. Choro Q Hybrid is the Ultimate Choro Choro Q30 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Q, by the addition of the action part, is characterized by the ability to play different.

Choro Q Hybrid will run on the remote control and remote control of the ostrich fern-type PURUBAKKUMOTA There are two line-up, because of compatibility with both bodies, it can be fun to replace the body.

The first type of ostrich fern, the Nissan GT-R, MURUSHIERAGO (murcielago lol) Lamborghini, Nissan Serena in three units, priced at 525 yen each, 10 will be released Monday. The first type of remote control, second Choro Q “Qupe”, KAUNTAKKU (contach) Lamborghini LP400, Nissan Fair Lady Z, Toyota 2000GT, Honda Insight, Toyota’s iQ 6. Also released is scheduled for June 10 and priced at 2,100 yen. Remote control type, a single remote control that came with 4 alkaline batteries into four books, Choro Q and play lithium ion battery charger has a built-in console.

Choro Q Uri’s biggest hybrid is getting the parts in action, that action can be different. Action parts are included with each one a model, for example, Qupe has RIBASUTAIYA, KAUNTAKKU LP400 parts to spin, the Fairlady Z to the part with a piece of wheeled robot. Of course, also compatible with the action of these parts, regardless of the models available.

Parts attached to action, and the backspin UIRISUPIN, tornado spin, it becomes possible to run a very dynamic action. The AKUSHONPUREISETTO (due out June 10, 3,675 yen), is only Choro Q set type is a remote control units, one jumps ? 2, Corner ? 4, pylon ? 5, Part retrodeviation and uneven tire ? 2, starting gate and goals, including target sheets, Choro Q to fully enjoy the real thrill of driving a hybrid action.

In addition, hybrid Choro Q, by attaching a guide pin in the car, you can play running on a dedicated circuit. Mini SUROTTORESHINGU and play close to the so-called four-wheel drive. This is creating a mini-course oval track (due out October 10, 2625), Choro Q car comes with a remote control type, and the loop jump, spin and create a course that includes a circuit DX Action (due out October 10 , 6,825 yen) is available.

Photos of the day’s race but I want to see the video, running very fast movement and running track action, but look interesting.

blurrc
      Participant

Now that was a pain to read lol… so the models available will be:
      R35 Skyline
      Murcielago
      Nissan Serana
      Contach
      Fairlady Z
      Toyota 2000GT
      Honda Insight
      Toyota iQ 6
      Qupe (whatever the hell that is)

What does do they mean by “Nissan Serena in three units, priced at 525 yen each” and what is all that talk about ‘ferns’?

Lipo!! Sounds good but the random add ons confuse me too much, as far as I can tell there are:
      Plastic wedge to do 2-wheel riding
      Ball Tires
      Weird plastic lump that allows car to spin
      Grinding Pegs (this is the one I want)
      Plastic Loop that allows it to do front/back flips.

z-beam
      Participant

PURUBAKKUMOTA = pull back motor
      AKUSHONPUREISETTO= action pure set? pure action set?

cant work out the ostrich fern buisness lol

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

One of those looked like a Daihatsu Copen… At the end of takara_13.wmv last few seconds the car up on two wheels…

z-beam
      Participant

sure was a copen lid! nice close up of the stunt peg things on it.

nice that they are actually going to make the new q-steer bodies compatible with the next choro-q line up (the pullbacks). ive cracked two bodies when removing them to do mods because of the glue.

blurrc
      Participant

@Pork_Hunt 230450 wrote:

One of those looked like a Daihatsu Copen… At the end of takara_13.wmv last few seconds the car up on two wheels…

Yes I saw that Copen and it was the only car that had the stunt pegs, but unfortunetly it was not in any other pic or vid and in the info that z-beam translated there was no mention of it… how am i gonna get those pegs now lol.

Out of all the gimmicky add ons the only good ones were the plastic lump that allows it to spin and the stunt pegs, the wedge and loop thing you could make yourself and the ball tires were just plain stupid lol. I can see that contach coming my way real soon lol.

z-beam
      Participant

tomy have more pics on there websitte, allthogh they look pretty pixelated and bad theres better info as to what comes with what.

i dont understand why the contach is in a different group than the murcielago either.

heres the link: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/choroq/products.html

blurrc
      Participant

Soo, anyone know what happened with these things? Didi they ever come out?

I am still desperate fro a contach lol.

z-beam
      Participant

they were unveiled at the tokyo motor show this week!

havent found a stockist for them yet.

http://ameblo.jp/choroq/

has some new information if you translate it. also a few new videos showing girls pretending to be very excited about the new q’s…

blurrc
      Participant

Well that is good. If anyone finds any more info on these or any shops stocking them, I really would like to know.

z-beam
      Participant

****! i think this pic might be revealing that the motors are wired in, note the little flash of blue at the end of the motor…

the new switch is nice! and the steering trim system is upgraded also.

blurrc
      Participant

Hmm, I am liking that they have made the trim and on/off switch a tad more ‘useable’ haha. Although I just hope the motors are good so we do not have to worry about changing them.

Great find by the way.

z-beam
      Participant

i like being able to change motors personally, if they are hard wired ill be pretty dissapointed. the videos i saw of them at the motor show the cars are silly fast so im not to worried.

wish we could get different compound tyres like the bit charge days… was awesome being able to customise motors, gears, suspension (front) and tyre compound.

still no luck on the daily ebay check for the new cars, as soon a i can find a seller ill get a few imported. hopefully before christmas so they will be waiting for me at home.

blurrc
      Participant

Yes, it would be good for a bit of choice when it comes to custom setups.

I have been checking ebay as wells, but I have not spotted anything.

z-beam
      Participant

strapya world order came through today. mucielago pullback, contach and toyota gt2000 arrived.

my wife picked up the mail, and i dont have any fresh aaa’s about. so i cant actually test them. 🙁

they look great!

rear axle cant be removed. 🙁 motor is wired in 🙁 its a green ended one which is decently fast if its the same as a regular q-steer. cant change the gears, as the axle is fixed in place. there might be a work arond on that. the gears fitted are the standard white ones.

controllers are about twice as big, a little bigger than the buggy controller. a definate plus for big handed people.

ill update more once i get some batteries.

z-beam
      Participant

got batteries. gave them both acharge and with boost on they fly. wheelstands without any coin needed. a gear swap could smooth out the accellertion a bit but there is no need to give them any more batery or motor upgrades.

all three came with the gimmick tha makes them spin on the spot which is pretty useless. i guess all the gimmicks are just as pointless.

z-beam
      Participant

some new updates:

the battery installed is a lithium ion. its about the same size as the old bit charge battery. the run times are great, and there is a LOT of power when boost is on. the speed without boost is pretty slow, about the same as a regular q-steer without boost.

the front tires are a little harder than the ond q-steer ones. old and new are exactly the same size. rear tires are the same width as the thin rears on the older make q-steers. there are 3 widths of rear tire on old q-steers to my knowledge. swapping the hard front tires with older style ones gave better steering performance.

k0ldd
      Participant

Interesting… so are they easier swap with the old choro q bodies? I have a couple of old Choro Q pull backs on the way and was contemplating whether to buy the cheaper price Q steers instead.

blurrc
      Participant

So the new Q-Steers have been released now? Shows what I miss when i am off the site for a couple of days.

Can you get them from anywhere else besides strapya-world?

z-beam
      Participant

blurrc, i have seen em on ebay. toyeast has em also.

k0ldd, no easy swap with the old bodies. the new hybrid range is all compatible, you could get lucky with an old choro-q body being exactly the right length for the screw to align in the front and the clip on the back AND the wheel arches to line up but that is a loooooong shot.

z-beam
      Participant

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://ameblo.jp/choroq/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmh4.mp7.jp/49/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.com.au

a whole bunch of new pics today, the lambo thats grey looks so **** nice. the mario kart wii controllers look like they have power up indicators on the transmitter. what this means i have no idea but the potential is pretty high. some kind of IR shooting while racing perhaps? dont know how bananas (think landmine) ability could be implemented.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.