Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Hi all,

Just finished a quick mod on my Compact Skyline 😀

pic_1.jpg

A new set of wheels :smiley16:

Take a peek at my gallery for a couple more happy snaps.

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=8ch%20Ess%20Vee

Any comments queries gratefully accepted.

ph2t
      Participant

The pics are quite dark so it’s hard to see….But otherwise good job!:)

ph2t.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Thanks ph2t, I shall take some better pics and post with a bit better close up of the wheels etc. They are quite well detailed.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah the wheels look great, much better than standard. where did you get the wheels from, and how much?

micro_Amps
      Participant

They wouldnt be Hot Tunerz wheels would they?
      :)uA

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

These ones are called Modifiers actually. The wheels in question came with the white 1999 Honda Civic EX kit.

They weren’t cheap coz I had to buy the whole car obviously to get the bigger wheels and the hubs.

Not many of the other part are usefull sadly apart from perhaps the really small decals and perhaps the exhaust. I thought the remaining spare pieces (racing seats, air cleaner, original wheels, springs etc.) may make reasonable ‘props’ to leave laying around in the little workshop on my track layout.

Cost was around the $25.00 mark from K-Mart, so not a cheap mod by any means, but I think they look sweet.

Only drawback is the tyre compound is really hard, much harder than standard BCG rubber and therfore I don’t think the car will stick very well at all.

Due to the size the wheels the car hardly needs lowering which is cool.

I havn’t finished modifying the front guards yet to be able to give a final verdict on performance, but stay posted and I will let you know.

brendan
      Participant

yer i got a modifier to but i cut the hood of my celica and put the engine and strut bar in i was thinking about putting the wheels on to.

barto_85
      Participant

looks cool brendan.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Reminds me of the Nissan Pulsar ad on tv where they squeeze the bigger donk in and push the bonnet down!!

Looks like a good job, well done

The modifier wheels are a fairly straight forward mod, fronts especialy and I think they look fairly neat too.

I just need to fine tune the mounting of the hubs onto the rear axel. I was thinking even a thin layer of solder may do the trick to build it up enough.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Brendan, whats the green car in the photo?
      :)uA

BilboFOL
      Participant

How does the car drive with those wheels?
      Are the tires rubber?

I’ve seen Modifiers in the US for under $12.00US, not sure of the conversion to AUS dollars. Haven’t picked one up yet, now I may have to if they drive well on the BCG.

brendan
      Participant

i thought about it and i put some modifiers wheels on my car to.

white.jpg

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.